how to use the dominican special washing machine

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
well, we decided to fire the housemaid before we actually asked her how to work the damn thing.

you know the one?

two basins, one fills with water and moves things around a little, then drains. but how the hell do you rinse and spin?!?!?!?!

i just did my laundry old school. i don't mind for today, but i can't see myself pounding towels and undies into pavement for much longer.

good god help me if you can!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
two steps:
1. give that crap to the first poor dominican you see
2. buy a normal washing machine

those small, two buckets machines are just one big pain in the a**. you need to wash in one bucket, then rinse what you washed, then move to the other that spins. piece by piece because those darn things are so tiny. now you know why a dominican woman spends WHOLE DARN DAY doing the washing. because most of it is still manual work!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You can put more than one piece of clothing to spin until it's filled.One of my sister's has one.
I for one, don't like those machines!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes. few small pieces or one large. still, too much work if you ask me. i was born for much greater thing in life! like eating cake.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Listen to dv8 and get yourself a real washing machine.What's the point when you still
have to do manual work!

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
we were thinking a bed is first on the priority list. but clean undies seems to be more important at the moment. no. i can't do this for too long. the spinny thing ... i can't get it to work.

i've turned every knob and every button and just can't get it to go.

i'm thinking that's why our clothes were always filled with soap.

ah ... it's a special little unit.

it's gotta go .

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
My wife told me that she wanted one of those machines and I told her no. Those pieces of crap are the same as hand washing. I offered a modern automatic machine. She didn't want it and I bought it anyway. Now she loves it. Put in the laundry and the productes(detergent, softener and bleach) and walk away and do other things.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen to mama dv8 and you will not regret it: bed is all nice but i tell ya that a good washing machine will make your life way easier. that and a nice fridge.

washing machine: because it's bad as it is with the power problems, you can only wash clothing when there is power so you are time limited as it is. you will also note that only when you have street power you can you some other devices like water pump (in a continuous run) for watering the plants. the list goes on. so really i do not have time to stand around the washing machine all day. you may also benefit from putting aside some cash for a dryer. i have weeks where i do not see any sun and the dryer is a blessing. i have one that runs with gas (cheaper) but you can buy a stackable combo.
fridge: in DR things like rice or pasta tend to come to life :) i have a big fridge to accommodate all starchy products. i also store in the fridge a variety of other stuff that my mum in poland just keeps outside, like eggs and some veggies. with bigger family, and especially if you have kids, you will need refrigerator space.

i think i said it now: i am a lazy, lazy slob :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
HIRE A WOMAN TO COME IN ONCE, OR TWICE A WEEK and wash, dry, and iron your clothes.
Depending on where you live, 500 to 800 a day.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hide the washing powder and only leave out one small cup because she will dump in the powder by the shovel.

come to think of it: hide the shovel.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
We have one of those machines, hate it! Something always goes wrong, now the washer only spins
around one way lol time for a new machine:eek:

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I told my wife that when we move back to LRD that's the first thing we are going to get. She said, "Claro".

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
Hide the clorox and make sure the woman never finds it.

oh. she found it. she's the one that brought it into the house and destroyed the majority of my clothing.

then when i asked her not to use it, she did it again.

we just finished 'letting her go'.

and now we're going to buy a washing machine. i don't want to have to deal with food on dishes (after she 'cleaned' it) and bleach blasted clothing ever again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dominican machine instructions.

Add water and a small amount of detergent to the washing machine side. Add clothes, but not too many that they don't move when you start the motor. Let it go for about 6 to 8 minutes on the timer. Drain. Add water for rinsing and let it go for about 6 minutes. Drain. Might have to rinse again. Put clothes in spinner and push them down. Spin until the water stops coming out. Hang on line to dry.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
My Mother use to wash the clothes with these
wash+tub+scrub+board.jpg

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Dominican machine instructions.

Add water and a small amount of detergent to the washing machine side. Add clothes, but not too many that they don't move when you start the motor. Let it go for about 6 to 8 minutes on the timer. Drain. Add water for rinsing and let it go for about 6 minutes. Drain. Might have to rinse again. Put clothes in spinner and push them down. Spin until the water stops coming out. Hang on line to dry.
But the Dominicans repeat the whole process about 7 more times

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
i think it may be that our spinner just isn't working. like, not at all. there's no knob or button that will make that sucker go. so, i'm thinking that truly is the reason our clothes were so nasty.

hmm ... maybe i'm not pushing the clothes in the spinner hard enough. i'll go investigate. because i'd love nothing more than to stand at a washing machine while paradise is right outside my door. :disappoin