Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thumbs up Teatro Nacional SD

It must have been one of my best concert experiences with the world's best Violinist, Joshua Bell taking on stage. I specially enjoyed his final performance, A-Tisket A-Tasket which carried along a very simple YET technically advanced melody line

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see someone promoting the the culture and arts this country has to offer for a change. There is a lot out there if one takes the time to look around. It's not all beaches, car washes, rum and chicas.

3. Likes AlterEgo, NALs liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish i could go and see. maybe one day. SD is a long drive...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Theatro National" is one of the few places in the DR, that when you are There, you don't know you are "HERE"!
    "Jardin Botanico" is the OTHER!
    "dv" I have a bed for you if you want to spend the night.
    Don't want you on the road home after dark, THAT's Too Dangerous!
    You'll be safe here!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps, "Jackichan" was one of the DR1ers who joined me at "IKEA" for lunch, so you KNOW he has a "taste" for "culture"!

6. Likes jackichan, pollogringo, waytogo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i wish i could go and see. maybe one day. SD is a long drive...
    Keep track of whatever is going on at the Gran Teatro del Cibao in Santiago.

It is less active than the Santo Domingo's theater, but its better then what Puerto Plata is obviously offering you.

Follow them on twitter: https://twitter.com/GranTeatroCibao

Also, these are the programmed activities for this month (PDF file): Gran Teatro Cibao: Programa de actividades Marzo 2013

Polls Forum Moderator

9. Likes jackichan, Frank the Tank liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, NALs, thank you! yes, this is way better because this is just a simple trip for an event and coming back afterwards...

11. Likes jackichan liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Benjamin Zander at the Santo Domingo Music Festival

The biennial classical music festival continues this Thursday, 14 March at the National Theater with a concert by the Festival Symphony Orchestra under Benjamin Zander. The regular conductor of the Boston Philharmonic, Zander is a leading interpreter of Mahler and Beethoven. He is also known for his charisma and unyielding energy. His provocative ideas about leadership are rooted in a partnership with Rosamund Stone Zander, with whom he co-wrote The Art of Possibility.

Pianist Jue Wang will be playing. The program includes M. Mussorgsky with Prelude to Khovanshchina, S. Rachmaninoff's Piano Concert No. 2 and D. Shostakovich's Symphony No. 5. The closing concert will be conducted by Ramon Tebar, with cellist Gautier Capucon. The program is P. Dukas' Sorcerer's Apprentice, P. I. Tchaikovsky - Variations on a Rococo Theme for cello and orchestra, G. Faure with Elegie for cello and orchestra and M. Mussorgsky with Pictures at an Exhibition, Ravel orchestration.

Can't wait for it. It's only a few hours away and there's still enough time to get tickets

13. Likes pollogringo, waytogo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a good play there in 2010 for peanuts. It's a gorgeous building. Well worth the trip.

15. Likes jackichan liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"JACKI", try to give us a little more advance notice.
    I used to go "To Symphony" as the "Proper Bostonians" call it, Back In The day", in Boston.
    I used to applaud too early all the time!
    I liked Arthur Fiddler and the "Boston Pops" a little better!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast