Thumbs up Teatro Nacional SD

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
It must have been one of my best concert experiences with the world's best Violinist, Joshua Bell taking on stage. I specially enjoyed his final performance, A-Tisket A-Tasket which carried along a very simple YET technically advanced melody line :)

May 12, 2005
Good to see someone promoting the the culture and arts this country has to offer for a change. There is a lot out there if one takes the time to look around. It's not all beaches, car washes, rum and chicas.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i wish i could go and see. maybe one day. SD is a long drive...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Theatro National" is one of the few places in the DR, that when you are There, you don't know you are "HERE"!
"Jardin Botanico" is the OTHER!
"dv" I have a bed for you if you want to spend the night.
Don't want you on the road home after dark, THAT's Too Dangerous!
You'll be safe here! :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps, "Jackichan" was one of the DR1ers who joined me at "IKEA" for lunch, so you KNOW he has a "taste" for "culture"!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wow, NALs, thank you! yes, this is way better because this is just a simple trip for an event and coming back afterwards...

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Benjamin Zander at the Santo Domingo Music Festival

The biennial classical music festival continues this Thursday, 14 March at the National Theater with a concert by the Festival Symphony Orchestra under Benjamin Zander. The regular conductor of the Boston Philharmonic, Zander is a leading interpreter of Mahler and Beethoven. He is also known for his charisma and unyielding energy. His provocative ideas about leadership are rooted in a partnership with Rosamund Stone Zander, with whom he co-wrote The Art of Possibility.

Pianist Jue Wang will be playing. The program includes M. Mussorgsky with Prelude to Khovanshchina, S. Rachmaninoff's Piano Concert No. 2 and D. Shostakovich's Symphony No. 5. The closing concert will be conducted by Ramon Tebar, with cellist Gautier Capucon. The program is P. Dukas' Sorcerer's Apprentice, P. I. Tchaikovsky - Variations on a Rococo Theme for cello and orchestra, G. Faure with Elegie for cello and orchestra and M. Mussorgsky with Pictures at an Exhibition, Ravel orchestration.

Can't wait for it. It's only a few hours away and there's still enough time to get tickets:)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"JACKI", try to give us a little more advance notice.
I used to go "To Symphony" as the "Proper Bostonians" call it, Back In The day", in Boston.
I used to applaud too early all the time!
I liked Arthur Fiddler and the "Boston Pops" a little better!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
"JACKI", try to give us a little more advance notice.
I used to go "To Symphony" as the "Proper Bostonians" call it, Back In The day", in Boston.
I used to applaud too early all the time!
I liked Arthur Fiddler and the "Boston Pops" a little better!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It's been another great night with Benjamin Zendor orchestrating both the first and second halfs (and not Ramon Tebor as prior reported).

PS: Point taken i'm gonna start giving advance notices.