Cabarete Curry - New Indian Restaurant - check it out in Ocean Dream Plaza

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just tried the new Indian Restaurant in Cabarete and it is called Cabarete Curry. It is located in Ocean Dream Plaza on the other side of Yamazato from Gorditos. In other words Cabarete Curry is the furthest one in along that side of the plaza.

Finally, there is an Indian restaurant in town. They have only been open for a couple of weeks. I spoke with owners Jim and Tuls (also the chef). They are from Ottawa, Canada. The food was good. Please try them out and help keep them in business ( so I can continue to eat Indian food locally) . Jim also has a business of importing fine tea from around the world and that is another thing that was sadly lacking in Cabarete.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Thanks for the heads up.
I love a good curry!
I also like Gorditos food.
We are lucky to have many authentic options thanks to expat restaurant owners.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Ocean Dream Plaza AND The entrance to the Callejon de la Loma are taking over as the places to dine out in Cabarete. Ocean Dream Plaza offers A Mexican, Caribbean, Japanese and Indian restaurant next to each other...how awesome is that?? The entrance of the Callejon has several pizza places including Concho Loco that has great Italian food, Bliss, La Bodega, Los Locos del Frente steakhouse and the Voodoo Lounge, the famous carbon chicken place, (I may have even missed a place or two). All of these mentioned above are located in the same area...I support the owners of the bars and restaurants on the beach, but I prefer the diversity of Ocean Dream and the Callejon.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i only tried curry few times, when i lived in london and i hated it... but now we have a new addition to the family, my indian brother in law. so i am totally gonna give it another go. and he will be happy too, with an indian restaurants so close to POP.
so thank you for this info, i'm gonna try! :)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Wait...do i need to point this out...Cabarete is the best town on the North Coast. We have fantastic Sushi (Yamazato), Fantastic California Tex-Mex (Gorditos), and now we have great Indian cuisine. What's next? Haagen Daz store? Baskin Robbins?

Man, i love food!

Frank

gsegal12

Jun 7, 2010
Frank,

You left out a recent addition to the Cabarete cuisine: Zemi,

It's between Gordito's and Yamazato. Could be the best new ( or not new ) restaurant in town. And, with healthy options.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Frank,

You left out a recent addition to the Cabarete cuisine: Zemi,

It's between Gordito's and Yamazato. Could be the best new ( or not new ) restaurant in town. And, with healthy options.

What kind of food does Zemi serve?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Caribbean style food...as far as I know it is the same owners as Gordito's. Have not been there yet but have heard many good reviews about it.

OK. Will have to check it out. Hopefully that means more on the Jamaican side of things.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
i thought Zemi was a little overpriced for the location. Gorditos works as it is cheap and quick but Zemi's seemed to be more like beach prices whilst overlooking a carpark which put me off.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think , given the Gordito connection, Zemi might be worth a try....... and the curry place.

dv8, just take a small fire extinguisher to dinner - you'll survive !!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
there are non- hot varieties of curry if its a real curry place, I only ever found one real one that was in manchester. all the others just tried to blow your socks off after a pub crawl, I expect the staff were laughing about it in the background

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dv8, just take a small fire extinguisher to dinner - you'll survive !!

i can survive hot, i think. i mean, i will take something that is as mild as it gets and a 2 liter coke bottle to go with it :)
i am more concerned about cilantro that does not agree with my tummy much :(

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Love Indian too so would love to try it - if you decide to go in the daytime DV8 or Windeguy please let me know and I might join you if you don't mind