Vuelga today (Monday) Navarrete-Puerto Plata road?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Anybody heard anything about this? Is the Sabaneta-Moca road a better alternative?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Maimon has been claiming independence as a 'city' for quite a while, even collecting garbage fees and sign taxes as far away as Cofresi which is only 4 miles from Puerto Plata. This caused a lot of problems for Puerto Plata city as they were previously collecting from same clients and companies. Both cities then taxed clients, and this caused many inconveniences for these companies. Puerto Plata city says Maimon is not designated a 'city' and has no rights to collect such taxes. There is a lawsuit and I think there was some ruling recently in POP's favor.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
A couple of months ago week of Dec 4th to 8th to be a bit more precise Coming back from LaVega coming down the hill into Maimon there was a tire burning ceremony going on. I asked what it was about and was told that Puerto Plata wanted to annex Maimon and the locals were against it. As usual I don't know any facts, just hearsay.
Der Fish

i love the tire burning ceremony

ii drove all the way back from pedernales during a hulga

everything was closed down tight

but we did see one tire burning and rock throwing ceremony

gotta have it for the evening news

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when we went to SD last friday there were burning tires on the main road to santiago, villa gonzalez area. whole road towards santiago was halted. luckily the assholes protesting about how little they can steal from the government now chose a good place for their performance and the traffic re-directed itself up the bridge and then on the opposite line...