Cross Fit partner

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Hello All,

I'm looking for someone who would like to work out in the mornings at the gym in Plaza el Tronco in Friusa. I've been working out on my own for years but I got into Cross Fit about 10 months ago and I'm starting to hit a wall. Cross Fit is way better when you have participants motivating each other.

I've been working out regularly for about 13 years so although I'm not ironman, I'm an active person with a healthy lifestyle. Hopefully, who ever is interested has heard of Cross Fit and is also an active person.

Cross Fit is not easy but it's an excellent work out. I wish there was a Cross Fit gym in Bavaro but who knows, maybe we can get a group together and do our own Cross Fit.

Thanks!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I wish you the best. I myself have been doing P90X for 2 years and even though I had been working out for years a couple of times a week with heavy weights it still took me about 9 months to be able to fully adapt to the intensity, ie I no longer felt the need to vomit after training sessions. Also, I was 45 at the time and it was plausible that my age had something to do with the time it took to adapt but now I can say I can go at it for 50 min. and feel great afterwords.

My advice to you, apart from getting a partner, is to vary the exercise and make sure you are not doing it too little or too much. After much research it would appear the best way to get results is to workout 4-5 days a week for 30-50 min. However, if you like short sessions of 20 min or so you could probably work out everyday as long as you stagger the muscle groups. Another tip is to load up a little on the carbs before the workout. I have been eating a little chocolate with a glass of coke for the past 25 years and now it turns out doctors are saying chocolate + caffeine gives one a very big energy boost. I also recommend drinking plenty of water during the routines.

Feb 20, 2011
I don't know Cross Fit or P90X but I I am familiar with an exercise that involves a female partner and an optional cigarette after the exercise...;)