Looking for Puerto Plata Apartment

birnam1

Mar 2, 2013
I am hoping to spend the months of June and July in Puerto Plata, and I am looking for a nice apartment. Being a spoiled gringo, I will need air conditioning, available on a 24 hour basis. I am also looking for -- furnished, kitchen equipped (fridge, freezer, microwave), 1 bedroom, pool on grounds, good security, safe for locking up valuables, TV, proximity to public transportation for going to the supermarket and the beach. Are there any rentals in Puerto Plata that meet these requirements? Any help appreciated.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sent you a PM. 24/7 air con is not very realistic. it requires 24/7 power! ;)

birnam1

Mar 2, 2013
Actually, when I said AC 24/7, I meant I wanted it to be AVAILABLE 24/7. I would certainly not run it 24/7, more likely at night for sleeping, maybe for an hour in the day if I wanted to take a cool nap. So I guess i am looking for an apartment equipped with a generator, which would supply power for the AC, at times when the electricity was blacked out (which I understand is every day?). Thanks.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hmmm, yes. inversor will provide with power but only a generator will allow to use AC. you should be looking for something in the area with good electricity and little outages.