Duplicate house key

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We have been using the shop just past Delancer cable for years and he has always done a great job.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
My experience with key makers in the DR is you have to go back more than once until they get it right. Be sure to try the new ones right away - they're great about recutting though, guess they're used to it.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
My experience with key makers in the DR is you have to go back more than once until they get it right. Be sure to try the new ones right away - they're great about recutting though, guess they're used to it.
I end up changing the door knob because I've tried three times and they have failed to make good copies in Moca. I didn't want to go through another "Oh my god! Our son just locked me out" phone calls ever again.

Really good advice on checking it right away.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
retiree (fellow retiree) Where's Delancer Cable?

Yes Drro and Koreano -- these are similar observations to those made in my home town.
You can always go out to the parking lot and check car keys but you can't take the house to the hardware store.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Go west past Playero supermarket (toward Puerto Plata) and go past the beach, continue past the Caribe Tours bus depot on your right into Los Charamicos - keep going for a few short blocks and you will see the cable Delancer sign on your right. The key cutting place is just a little further on the right and has a sign in the shape of a key. PM me if I have not been clear enough and I will try again.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
The place everyone is talking about west of the Metro station has been making keys for me for years. He is the only one who has done it correctly the first time. I have never had to return to get one redone.

Bob K

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
The place in Los Caramicos is called Tournillo's, Llaves y Mas right hand side just passed Delancer. Yes he does a bang up job, highly recommended. Just don't forget he closes between noon and 2pm everyday.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't feel bad, it just as bad in SD!
They can be useful however!
A friend of mine owns a condo on "Los Casicasgos, in SD.
He was in Geargia for an extended stay and asked me to check his condo. I asked him if he wanted me to check both inside and out???
He said, "Did I leave you a key"?
I told him , "No,", Why?""How will you get in without a key?
I asked him "Where Am I"?
"OK", he said.
I went to a locksmith near his condo, told the locksmith my wife left town, and I didn't have my keys.
He followed me to the condo on his "Motor", and picked the lock in about 15 seconds!!!
So much for having "Good Locks"!
The best security is always having someone who lives in the house, always IN the house, If THAT!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC