PLANNING A TRIP IN A FEW WEEKS. FROM mONTE CRISTI ALONG THE BORDER

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Anyone got any advice on whether I able to make the trip from Monte cristi down through Dajabon and on to san Juan de la Maguana by guagua? I' d like to see a part I ve never seen before and something a bit more adventurous than a Caribe bus ride ...or even a route across from Dajabon to say Constanza or somewhere inland. Just looking fro some nice- off the beaten track trips.... not looking for Hilton resorts.. cheers

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
hey man. i tried to go from monte Cristi to barahona, along the border on bike. I returned to more "civilised" routes and regions when I saw Restauracion city ;-)... and to answer your questions - yes, u should be able to do that, but with guaguas hmm... it will be painful journey ;-)

dunroamin

Oct 12, 2010
Hi

The International the route along the frontier from Monte Cristi to Pedernales is an adventure!

From Monticristi there is a tar road to Villa Anacaona I have seen guaguas as far as Restauracion. I have seen super Diahatsus from Villa Anacaona to Pedro Santana where the tar starts again and you can take a guagua to San Juan If you stand at the exit to Restauarcion you will get a lift in a truck to Pedro Santana.
There are places to stay in Dajabon, Loma de Cabrera Restauracion and Pedro Santana

The trip is well worth it The landscape is fantastic The market at Tiroli (Haiti side of Villa Anacaona) is a sight to see

To go from Dajabon to Constanza by Guagua you have to go back to Mao Santiago Jarabacoa and Constanza There are routes along the Cordillera if you want to ride a horse. You might start from Rio Limpio

Safe journey

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Very interesting thanks for the advice.
hi

the international the route along the frontier from monte cristi to pedernales is an adventure!

From monticristi there is a tar road to villa anacaona i have seen guaguas as far as restauracion. I have seen super diahatsus from villa anacaona to pedro santana where the tar starts again and you can take a guagua to san juan if you stand at the exit to restauarcion you will get a lift in a truck to pedro santana.
There are places to stay in dajabon, loma de cabrera restauracion and pedro santana

the trip is well worth it the landscape is fantastic the market at tiroli (haiti side of villa anacaona) is a sight to see

to go from dajabon to constanza by guagua you have to go back to mao santiago jarabacoa and constanza there are routes along the cordillera if you want to ride a horse. You might start from rio limpio

safe journey