Vitamix...?es posible que ya est? aqu??

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Does anyone know if you can purchase a Vitamix in the DR? I brought one down to use personally but everyone who has seen it work -- including my chef -- really, really wants one. These things are beyond amazing and better than any other device (such as NinjaPro) I've ever used.

Let me know if you know where in the DR we can purchase more Vitamix products!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Some people say the Blentec is just as good. Dont know where to get either in the DR, best to have a gringo bring one in for you. If you do get the vitamix in the DR, please report back on the price etc.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we got a food processor from cuisinart and i am quite happy. i do not really need industrial strength appliances and there is only two of us anyway... but the machine we have costs in DR about twice as much as we paid over int internet: including the processor, shipping and EPS...

so you may be better buying in the states... if only one supplier brings vitamix here the price may be... well... high.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Blentec is good...definitely...but not a Vitamix. These things are amazing beyond compare. I also own Cuisinart, KitchenAid and NinjaPro...all are inferior to the Vitamix. Again, amazing! They are NOT inexpensive, however. I paid about $500 for one in CostCo (US) to bring in with my luggage so I'm sure they are extremely expensive here in the DR (thank you, DR Customs).

Get the 6300 model. It's wonderful and affordable (see above). I'm doing smoothies, frozen drinks, peanut/almond butter and so forth more than I ever thought I'd do. But...I'm not. These things are GREAT!

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
Just bought a Vitamix here in the states this week. My question is, will a Vitamix have any issues running in the DR with the amount of amps it puts out (11.5). Had to move it to a new wall socket in my kitchen because it would trip a breaker and that's here in the US. Are kitchen outlets in the DR rated for higher amps like in the US?

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Our SUV was broken in to steal the Vitamix ( the older stainless steel model).

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Just bought a Vitamix here in the states this week. My question is, will a Vitamix have any issues running in the DR with the amount of amps it puts out (11.5). Had to move it to a new wall socket in my kitchen because it would trip a breaker and that's here in the US. Are kitchen outlets in the DR rated for higher amps like in the US?

No prob with using Vitamix in DR at all.