Just had my first accident...

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
Not sure why I am posting this but just thought I d share...

Driving along Luperon in Santo Domingo today, stopped at a red light, sitting there singing along to music as you do... Bang, idiot on his cell phone slams in to the back of my Jeep (that has just came out of the garage this day with a new transmission) . Ouch!

Sends me into the back of the car in front. R.I.P Jeep :-( - got his plate as he was driving off but not holding my breath...

Just hope that guy burns in hell - and will learn his lesson about texting!

ahh that feels better!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I wonder if the whole accident was on videotape, complete with plate number, would the police do anything? Most likely not :( Glad your ok, hope you dont get any after accident pains.

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
I doubt it - unless it involved someone important! Cheers just a bit of a sore neck...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Do you have a protective bumper on the vehicle, if not should be your next investment. Also a rocket launcher as the assholes are driving away.

LTSteve

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've often thought a carnival bumper car would work.

And you know those boxing gloves on a long spring that they have in cartoons?? My mom always wanted a car with one of those.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't worry! i had my first accident in less than a week after getting the license so i think you did well :)
it is important to keep the attitude of i-will-never-get-anything because when you do, well, a pleasant surprise! :)
safe driving everyone!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've often thought a carnival bumper car would work.

And you know those boxing gloves on a long spring that they have in cartoons?? My mom always wanted a car with one of those.
I'd rather have a tank...

army-tank-crushing-silver-car.jpg

I always tease Alida that the day I leave the DR for good, I'm gonna do this:

[video=youtube;pX71mALOPKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX71mALOPKs[/video]

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
Only an 02 Cherokee - but 1 owner from new, love the thing. Will be getting it back on the road soon though - bloody stupid design having the gas tank underneath the trunk - took a big impact, gonna see if I can drop it down today...

Glad you and your Jeep are ok and will be on the Road again.
I almost killed a moto the other day. I was turning left and usually look on my left b/c of course they will pass you when you are turning but got distracted by...something....didn't and the guy came chasing after me crying and yelling. Good thing my wife was there to hold his hand and calm him down :)

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Glad you and your Jeep are ok and will be on the Road again.
I almost killed a moto the other day. I was turning left and usually look on my left b/c of course they will pass you when you are turning but got distracted by...something....didn't and the guy came chasing after me crying and yelling. Good thing my wife was there to hold his hand and calm him down :)
I almost kill several moto drivers everytime I get behind the wheel here in Santiago. And it is always my fault for trying to drive according to the true rules of the road. When will I learn that the rules here were made to be broken.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Harley" too bad he survived, but keep trying you'll get one soon enough!
I put huge "Defensas" on the front, & back of my Ford Airostar van, and 4 VERY bright lights on an overhead light bar, and 2 more on the front "Defensa"!
First I blinded them, then I hit them!
At night I looked like an 18 Wheeler coming at you!
I have had several accidents over 15 years, never stayed around at any of them!
I stopped driving about 3 years ago.
Not due to anything here in the DR, but right after I drove my sister's husband's Ford King Cab truck through a brick wall, and into a CVS Drugstore in Boston.
I got PI$$ED because the owner said, "Are You OK, "Old Timer" as I attempted to back out of his building!
"Old Timer" My A$$! :mad::mad::mad:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I put huge "Defensas" on the front, & back of my Ford Airostar van, and 4 VERY bright lights on an overhead light bar, and 2 more on the front "Defensa"!
Not due to anything here in the DR, but right after I drove my sister's husband's Ford King Cab truck through a brick wall, and into a CVS Drugstore in Boston.
I got PI$$ED because the owner said, "Are You OK, "Old Timer" as I attempted to back out of his building!

CC, i sincerely hope that you are using your spare time to write a book. i want the first copy off the press

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

CC, you disappoint me now, you gave up the pleasure of "killing" locals just because they called you oldtimer?:confused:
They asked me the other day if my daughter was my granddaughter, do you see me giving up on banging 21 year old chicas? No way Jose!!! ;)

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
tumblr_lmjv1ayANt1qib6pb.png

"Ooh! You broke your cherry!!"

It's good that no one got seriously hurt. I hope you don't have lingering small aches. When I got in small accident, I hated going though that annoying pains that doesn't feel serious but bothersome. And when doc says to take Advil.... :(

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Frank", you like "Older Women" I see!!!!
I get that "Grandfather" thing every time I am out with my 8 & 10 year old daughters.
I just say that they are mine, and that I am still "Peligroso".
"dv", I was going to start a new thread about the DR only being #2(From The BOTTOM) in per capita deaths in transit accidents!
But this is just as good an opportunity!
As the data shows, the "DR1 Spin Doctors", the ones who always tell us how "SAFE" it is to drive here,and that driving in the DR is "safer" than "Somewhere Else", have made a grave misdiagnosis,and are yet again, guilty of "Malpractice",and "SPINNING" without a license!
The DR is only "Safer" than "ONE Place Else", some unheard of tiny island in the Pacific Ocean!
I heard that the DR Minister-of-Transportation, is putting together a high level group of "Politicos" to spend 2 weeks on the island for a "Fact Finding" mission.
They want the DR to be #1 in SOMETHING!
What can you expect from the "Dominicans are the most honest, kind, gentle, SOBER,faithful,etc., etc., people I have ever met"
crowd???"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like how the article says that 50% of all accident victims are "vulnerable participants" of transit like pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists. darn. i see it that 50% of all victims are actually car drivers and that's me!