Junior Lifeguarding Course offered in Cabarete

canuckgirl

Nov 1, 2007
Dear all,

Take advantage of this incredible opportunity to teach your children water safety and lifesaving techniques by signing them up for the upcoming Junior Lifeguard Course being offered by The International Surf Lifesaving Association during Semana Santa for three full days (March 24- 26) of instruction for students ages 7-18. The course is taught by a group of professionals who teach lifeguarding skills around the world on a volunteer basis. This type of a course can cost up to $500 in the US, however, we have been offered the course for $100/pp, just to cover the instructors’ travel and living expenses. Space is limited to 50 students, and the course is filling up fast.

Don’t miss this unique opportunity, especially since so many of us live near water and so many people living in the Dominican Republic do not know how to swim well or at all.

For more information or to register, visit Dominican Republic Jr Guard Camp | The International Surf Lifesaving Association | ISLA.

I am personally not associated with the course in any way, but my kids took the course a few months ago and it was really excellent. Two months after the course, one of my sons saved a Dominican man from drowning at La Boca, so it was a blessing that he had the necessary knowledge to act appropriately.