opening line store (with dominican banks)

dddavid

Aug 3, 2011
Hi
i'd like to ask if anyone here has an on line store or has experience in this field.
I'm working on mine, based on wordpress and woocommerce but i can't find
a credit card gateway that accept payments from DR. In the past i used stripe but only wants US banks.
I can use paypal but looks like transfer money to a DR bank is not possible.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

monkeylovin

Sep 26, 2012
working with a DR bank you are pretty much out of options. I have tried and it never works, plus you are looking at huge fees on international charge backs that you will get as this country is rampid with fraud. good luck, if you find a solution please pm me, but I have had no luck.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Others have asked about starting businesses that require shipments from the DR to other parts of the world. After doing the legwork, they discovered it was too expensive to do that kind of business here. Does your business require shipments from the DR?

Good luck on finding a solution that is practical in any event.

dddavid

Aug 3, 2011
thank you for the replies. Yeah looks like it's not easy, best solution would be to have an us bank account.
Btw i see a lot of on line stores based in DR, they all show prices in pesos, shipping in the island or worldwide, accepting credit card and paypal. Check these for example: millystore.com, luann.com.do
Maybe i should contact them and ask how they do...