Mundo King Museum Temporarily Occupied By Haitians

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]Tuesday morning, March 12 Rolf R. Schulz (71 years old), owner of the museum 'Castillo Mundo King', went to the local police for help. He said he had been threatened by Haitians.[/h]

[h=5]His museum located on the liberty street (Camino Libre) in Sos?a, was occupied by some Haitian families. Rolf said that he had hired two Haitians for a few odd jobs. But then they brought their entire families with them and occupied the entire building. When Rolf showed them the door, he was threatened and he could not leave his room. Initially the police was unwilling to intervene. But after intervention by Fabio R. Garc?a, the director of the program 'Detras Del Rumor' (channel 3), two officers of the National Police, and members of the local press arrived at the museum. The two Haitians were handcuffed and brought to the police station.[/h]

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'd like to know more about what the police would not intervene without pressure being put on them. I would hate to think that if Haitians, or anybody, decided to move into our home that we couldn't get the police to throw them out.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Ken, "Squatting" is VERY common here in the DR, especially by Haitian workers/families!
Most construction projects using "Haitianos" know that they will be "Living" in the site.
When we built the "Plaza De La Salud" here in SD, we had 100's of Haitians, and there families, living, and "$hitting" :mad::mad::mad: in the site, and it was a Government project!
After the project was nearly finished, they wouldn't leave!
I was given thousands of pesos, to give them, IF, they left.
They LEFT!
The police never, "Busca Problemas",(Look For Trouble!) here.
If the guy wanted them out, he should have paid them to leave.
That's how I handle prostitutes! :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
If he wanted the police to throw them out, he should have paid them to do so!
Paying the "Policia" to perform their "Duties" is the norm here.
My friend was robbed at gunpoint in his home(Looooooong Story) but when he went to the police, they told him they needed "Gas Money" to investigate!
I KNOW it's frustrating to have to pay to solve problems here, but it's their way, and when you do pay, it gets DONE!
It's ESPECIALLY TRUE here in the DR:........."DINERO" Talks, "Mierda de Toro" Walks"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
When we visited this very odd museum 2 years ago, there was a Haitian family there. The mother and baby were around while we looked and we saw a man nearby. Perhaps they weren't living there at the time.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Me and my wife took a tour and we saw the two families living there. I remember it distinctly because we were able to look down into the living quarters and we were astonished how dirty and primitive! We wondered why all the expense to build the museum and have that element on site. We saw the men doing concrete work on the ground floor passesd the space ships, in the area with all the wooden statutes. Hope all ends well !
a6u3y2uj.jpg
a4u9asy7.jpg
u5e4a2e2.jpg

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
I'd like to know more about what the police would not intervene without pressure being put on them. I would hate to think that if Haitians, or anybody, decided to move into our home that we couldn't get the police to throw them out.

Does sound troubling. I thought the police were rounding these folks up not long ago.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I was there on saturday 9. and was also wondering that there were so many people. At that time Rolf was still calm saying they were building a big monument. I gave a haitian guy the usual 200p, hope a few of the pesos go on construction.
@Bluem:
"Museum? looks more like a junkyard by those pics"
Its an amazing museum about haitian art (and extraterrestial life :). I hope the project stays alive.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
It is an amazing museum chock full of interesting and powerful Haitian art .....and lots of other wacky stuff as the owner / creator believes the location is a landing site for aliens .
The museum is one of a kind and definitely worth a visit...If the owner is there he will happily give you a tour and answer any questions.