is Super Lama at Palma Real already opened?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not open as of a few days ago. No information when it will open either.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We passed by on Saturday and it seemed to be open. I might check it out for our next weekly shopping to compare with Pola.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
I think it looks like opened but it is not. Just some workers inside setting up everything ...

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Wednesday ?

PJT was at the Palma Real cine last Saturday, the 30th, and in passing observed uniformed employess within the Plaza Lma store. It was a dress rehearsal so guess everyone would know where their work stations are. The security guard was keeping curiosity seekers out. He mentioned the store would be opening on Wednesday, the 3rd.

Regards,

PJT

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
First impressions

I was there this afternoon! I had an appointment nearby so I went out of curiosity. Lots of customers, lots of staff and managers milling around, some rough edges as is to be expected but on the whole positive, nice and clean, helpful staff and the prices seemed reasonable. Good offers - 50% off fruit and veg, but there was a glitch with the pricing of weighed products so I was deprived of a couple of my purchases and advised to "come back tomorrow". Not much in the way of exotic/ethnic/healthy foods compared to Pola and Nacional. One of the employees told me they had been in training for 4 months.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I stopped by also. Nice AC, large aisles, basically as Chir said. Meat dept. real Dominican, a lot of appliances, mostly LG.

For me can't compare for grocery shopping to Pola and Nacional. Nacional sells Angus beef, the beef here is Dominican all the way. And for appliances in the area Coriprio (not sure of spelling) would be my choice. They also have a Cafeteria with tables set up outside. Nice setup but the food did not look too good.

Overall a nice addition to the area, but somewhere in the middle for me. Not enough of a grocery selection compared to the others and their rep with appliances leaves a lot to be desired. (See other Lama threads.)

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
My parents live in Cocotal so this is perfect. My mom went yesterday and was pleased with what she saw. The best news: they deliver groceries!!! (Parents don't have a car)

RGM

Jun 5, 2010
Is open, but i do not see it as a plus for people in Bavaro/Punta Cana area. Was hoping for more selection does not compare to Super Polo or National ....even Iberia has better meat selection. Only has appliances the last time i was there in early May 2013 but it is close to where i live so that's a plus

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Is open, but i do not see it as a plus for people in Bavaro/Punta Cana area. Was hoping for more selection does not compare to Super Polo or National ....even Iberia has better meat selection. Only has appliances the last time i was there in early May 2013 but it is close to where i live so that's a plus

I agree with your post regarding groceries.. But now they are in a price war with Corripio on Electronics..