Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what a difference a new modem makes!

Just installed a new modem from Codetel. Our previous Thomson modem was 5 years old and had started annoyingly disconnecting for a few minutes everyday (up to 20 times a day). With the new bog standard Codetel modem our internet speed up and down has doubled and no more signal loss

2. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Our old Thompson was having schizophrenia, so we sprung for a new Huwai wifi modem from Claro and couldn't be more pleased...

4. Likes yb1 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the same modem as we have now.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yb1 View Post
    Just installed a new modem from Codetel. Our previous Thomson modem was 5 years old and had started annoyingly disconnecting for a few minutes everyday (up to 20 times a day). With the new bog standard Codetel modem our internet speed up and down has doubled and no more signal loss
    thanks for this post, our Thomson modem shows the same behavior... will be on the phone to get a new one asap

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Huawei HG530 wifi modem from Claro was 1770rd incl. itbs.

8. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem. Called and told them the Wifi did not work. Not true, but got me a new router for free. Never had a problem since.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem, but for real. Thompson Wifi stopped working like 3 days ago... I want them to switch it for the Huawei HG530.

What I need to do? Just call them and telling them what you did @ 220 1111 or do I have to bring it to them?

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I had the same problem. Called and told them the Wifi did not work. Not true, but got me a new router for free. Never had a problem since.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    I have the same problem, but for real. Thompson Wifi stopped working like 3 days ago... I want them to switch it for the Huawei HG530.

What I need to do? Just call them and telling them what you did @ 220 1111 or do I have to bring it to them?
    Where do you live? I have a Tech guy on my payroll. I call and he puts in a new modem an hour later.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Pueblo Bavaro. How much does he expect for the service?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Pueblo Bavaro. How much does he expect for the service?
    That is not his area. But I always give him 500 pesos any time I have a problem and a bottle of Rum on holidays.

But if you call and they agree you need a new router they will send someone with one for free. Might take a few years, but you will get it. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast