Breakfast Sausage

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
does anyone know where one can purchase a decent breakfast sausage link, or even sausage patties? just bought a package at La Sirena under the brand name Maseca, and i am not sure the stray dogs here will eat it. please help. anyone ever seen something like Jones Farm?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I still have 2 lbs. of Jimmy Dean bulk sausage (hot and sage) and 4 more lbs. of hot coming tonight.

Yummm mee!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I see Johnsonville sausages in La Sirena and Nacional...saw breakfast links at the new Nacional in Santiago....for RD$305. YIKES! Expensive!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Look in the frozen cases along the side wall of Supermercado Tropical. They have an American brand sometimes, think it is Jones Farm or Bob Evans.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I see Johnsonville sausages in La Sirena and Nacional...saw breakfast links at the new Nacional in Santiago....for RD$305. YIKES! Expensive!

at those prices, cb, i willl buy a grinder with sausage attachment, find a good recipe, and make my own. i would die, or kill, for a Jones Farm these days.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They make it.....the originator was a Dominicano who retired back to RD.
Out of boredom, he started making sausages in his garage.

Turns out he did a good job.... they sell all kinds of meats now.

Very good SD following....

I had a thread on it once.........

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/125241-nellos-carne-selecta.html
Here it is, one negative post but they offer an alternative around the corner.

Look at it as a 'twofer':p

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
does anyone know where one can purchase a decent breakfast sausage link, or even sausage patties? just bought a package at La Sirena under the brand name Maseca, and i am not sure the stray dogs here will eat it. please help. anyone ever seen something like Jones Farm?
Have you tried "Todo con Carne" (sp) in Sosua next to the Ferreteria. A lot of our friends in Sosua use it as their products are excellent!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Have you tried "Todo con Carne" (sp) in Sosua next to the Ferreteria. A lot of our friends in Sosua use it as their products are excellent!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

i am just interested in locating a decent breakfast sausage. i have limited options, and i am trying to stay off the bacon thing, even though i love it dearly.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what on earth is "breakfast sausage"? is that some sort of a perv language i am not yet aware of? :)

all german butchers in sosua have a great selection of sausages that top commercially made, prepackaged, frozen crap. sausages you can boil, fry, grill or eat raw. why don't you visit and check out what they offer? surely this is much better that cardboard and water filled stuff made by millions of tons in the states or europe. and very little horse in it too! ;)

but if you miss the taste of ground plastic and genetically modified corn and soy fillers there is a huge choice of that stuff in the frozen section of la sirena :) the prices, however, will leave you close to the heart attack. nearly every packet is about 300 pesos. for 2-4 sausages...

and i did see sausage links and sausage patties in la sirena last saturday. i remember it well because i could not figure out what could those things be :laugh:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
what on earth is "breakfast sausage"? is that some sort of a perv language i am not yet aware of? :)

all german butchers in sosua have a great selection of sausages that top commercially made, prepackaged, frozen crap. sausages you can boil, fry, grill or eat raw. why don't you visit and check out what they offer? surely this is much better that cardboard and water filled stuff made by millions of tons in the states or europe. and very little horse in it too! ;)

but if you miss the taste of ground plastic and genetically modified corn and soy fillers there is a huge choice of that stuff in the frozen section of la sirena :) the prices, however, will leave you close to the heart attack. nearly every packet is about 300 pesos. for 2-4 sausages...

and i did see sausage links and sausage patties in la sirena last saturday. i remember it well because i could not figure out what could those things be :laugh:

you just have not tried a nice Jones Farm breakfast sausage link, or a Jimmy Dean sausage patty, or you would see it my way.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wait, i googled that. sausage link is a sausage. nothing more than that. just connected to other sausage. what's so special about that?
and a patty is the sausage, minced?

a strange world opens before me...