6 month old neutered male kitten to give away

Mamajava

Oct 19, 2012
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Weare indeed heartbroken, but it appears we have to give away ourbeloved six month old kitten. Maz is pretty much pure white andthe most lovable kitten ever. We have had him since he was fiveweeks old and have become very attached. He is neutered and hashad all shots up to date. We have the vet card and all info. Weare moving a couple hours from here and the place we are moving towill not allow animals. It has been a tough decision as thiscat has been an absolute god send for our kids.....for all of us. Hedoes not go outside at all. We are hoping that someone iswilling to give him a loving home. Of course we have all theamenities for him, food, litter box, toys, and even extra food. Weare in the Bavaro area right now and need to find a good home as soonas possible. [/FONT]

Mamajava

Oct 19, 2012
not very computer literate, so not sure how that works.. I'll see if I can figure it out. Thanks

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Beautiful cat, I am sure someone will be along to take care of him. Do you have a time limit? Would hate to see it put into boarding.

Mamajava

Oct 19, 2012
We will have to move within a couple days....it was unexpected to be so soon and we thought the cat would be able to come. We just found out we can't take him and are having a difficult time with this. Our only other alternative is to take him to the vet and hope she can find him a home, but I really want that to be a last resort. Thanks for your comments, Givadogahome.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
To be honest, if he never goes outside I'd just take him with, who is going to know? If you are then asked to get rid, play ignorant and then make moves to find a home. The landlord does not need to be inside your home, at all, so.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think so too. he never goes out? all the better. he can stay with you and no one will know. just bring him in discreetly.
and get some scratch pads so he does not wreck furniture. i would not give up on him...

Mamajava

Oct 19, 2012
To be honest, we thought of that, but the owner lives in the neighborhood and is well known and respected. Who knows who we may befriend that would maybe tell him. We have already heard that no pets are allowed in his property unless tenants paid a four month deposit. (that's an additional 2 months over regular)..and with the rental he charges, that would be too much. We have to be in this particular area, so we are sort of stuck. As hard as it is, we would rather go by the rules and that way we won't have any issues. I do understand that some people do not want animals in their homes, so I can't fault him. Appreciate the thought tho........ Just hoping there's someone out there that will love our little Maz.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Have you tried to explain the situation, tell him you can't afford to pay more deposit, tell him you really need to bring the cat, don't be so defensive on it, attack it with a deal cruncher. I wouldn't say it would break the deal if he says no, but I wouldn't say it won't either. He does allow animals, it is just the price that dictates if you are allowed them. If he is a decent guy he might budge on it. I would never make such a decision off hearsay.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
can't you just find a different place? DR is one big rental opportunity. i hate it when people adopt pets and drop them at the first sign of any trouble. obviously this cat is worth nothing to you, otherwise you'd be looking at other options. just pathetic.

Mamajava

Oct 19, 2012
dv8
I am really saddened by your words especially because I have always found you to be helpful and insightful...but this attack is so very unwarranted. You are making our difficult decision so much harder. Your words, especially, 'pathetic' tore at my heart. To read this after a sleepless, heart breaking night feels devastating. You know nothing about us or our situation. We didn't take the adoption lightly at all and refuse to abandon Maz...which is why we thought that the compassionate and helpful Dr1 people would help be able to find us a home for him. This wasn't what we wanted and until yesterday, thought all was okay. I really don't know why I feel the need to explain to you or anyone, but maybe it's because we really do care. It's the situation we're in right now and we had to make this difficult decision.

We do love our little guy so much andreally hope that there is someone out there that will give him agreat home. We can't take him with us and already feel like we areletting him down. Your words certainly aren't helping.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I agree with dv8. There are so many places to rent. She's not attacking you at all.
I'd say the same. Find a way to keep him, I would.
The other alternative is keep him inside and say nothing. I would not give him away
for the sake of a move.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you can afford the gasoline, and have the time to get to Arroyo Hondo in Santo Domingo, or know someone who can, We would love to have such a beautiful guy in my house! We have to "Ladies" waiting to torment him.
Cris Colon

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I agree with dv8. There are so many places to rent. She's not attacking you at all.
I'd say the same. Find a way to keep him, I would. The other alternative is keep him inside and say nothing. I would not give him away for the sake of a move.

he said it in a more polite i ever would... listen... i have a cat with epilepsy that needs medication 3 times a day. because of that i cannot really leave her and have a fun weekend away, like i used to. i am making a sacrifice for her sake. maybe you should rethink your decision to move (when, where to). when you are renting you always have to think of the possibilities it will bring to your pets. i am saddened seeing that people do not. you took this little guy, you say he is important to you - something's gotta give here. you took a responsibility for him. man up.
there are always other options. did you even talk to the place's owner? did you try to negotiate? did you say "how about 3 months up front"? anything at all?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Criss that is so nice of you!I'm sure your ladies will love him to death!:classic: