Matilda's book launch - Rocky's bar, Sosua

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
At last my books, What about your saucepans?, have arrived from England, and as I have had many requests for the book from people on the north coast I will be coming to Sosua on this Sunday, 24th March.

Rick at Rocky's Blues, Bar on Calle Dr. Rosen has kindly agreed to let me set up shop there and I will have plenty of books with me, will of course sign them for anyone, and will happily talk about or expand on anything in the book for those of you who have read it. I will be there from 12 noon until around 3pm.

I am really looking forward to meeting some fellow DR1ers so hope to see you there.

Matilda

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I think we have met before :) and I will be there on the condition I can buy the first autographed copy please....

If anyone can't make Sunday at Rocky's but are keen to buy this fabulous book then please let me know as Matilda can leave some copies with me for later collection/ delivery.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I won't be back in town until May 2nd. I bought my copie on Amazon and I really enjoyed the book. So how can I get my book signed when I am in Sosua? Will you be doing any more signings on the North Coast?

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi Matilda and everyone,

It is my pleasure to hold this great event at Rocky's. Yes, please come by and meet this incredible woman if you haven't already. I really enjoyed the book. It was very well written and as others have said, a real page turner.

I look forward to meeting many more DR1'ers in the process as well. I know a lot of you but look forward to making new acquaintances with many more.

Take care and I hope to see many of you Sunday, March 24th.

Rick

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Do let me know if you need any help. Planning on being there for sure.

Please disregard the 'dislike' the 'like' didn't post fast enough and clicked it twice! Puter issues this morning.

Looking forward - enjoyed all the chapters I read!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I won't be back in town until May 2nd. I bought my copie on Amazon and I really enjoyed the book. So how can I get my book signed when I am in Sosua? Will you be doing any more signings on the North Coast?

I am sure I will make it back to the North Coast later in the year. Or pm me when you get back and we can work something out. I am glad you enjoyed the book - thanks for reading it.

Matilda

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Of course I hope you have a good day on the 24th. I may have missed it, but are there plans to translate your book in Spanish for distribution in the DR or elsewhere?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Of course I hope you have a good day on the 24th. I may have missed it, but are there plans to translate your book in Spanish for distribution in the DR or elsewhere?

Not yet in the pipeline, but I am sure it will happen at some stage.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Where can I buy a copy in Santo Domingo?

I am hoping to do a signing in Santo Domingo in a month or so. In the meantime you can download a kindle version from Amazon.com who also have a free Kindle app for PC or other devices, or, if you want a hard copy quickly pm me and will put one on Caribe Express for you.

Matilda

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
We are looking forward to Sunday but even more so if we knew Chivirico would be there too!

Last edited:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Will there be a movie made ? I don't read. :classic:
Since movies studios are out of ideas and keep on making crappy movies with story lines that suck and horrid remakes, I don't see why not.

Matilda

I really wanted meet you and other DR1ers but I don't think I can make it this weekend. :( Church is making my wife make Kim Chi this weekend. If anybody from Santiago is going and willing to do me a big favor and get an autographed copy for me. Let me know. I would give you the book price and buy you couple of cold one for the trouble. Otherwise I'll have to buy from Amazon and have our folks ship it with next container (which could be for ever) like next month.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Since movies studios are out of ideas and keep on making crappy movies with story lines that suck and horrid remakes, I don't see why not.

Matilda

I really wanted meet you and other DR1ers but I don't think I can make it this weekend. :( Church is making my wife make Kim Chi this weekend. If anybody from Santiago is going and willing to do me a big favor and get an autographed copy for me. Let me know. I would give you the book price and buy you couple of cold one for the trouble. Otherwise I'll have to buy from Amazon and have our folks ship it with next container (which could be for ever) like next month.

It would cost you a lot more, once the book is autographed, it is much more valuable! :laugh: lol

"R"

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I am sure I will make it back to the North Coast later in the year. Or pm me when you get back and we can work something out. I am glad you enjoyed the book - thanks for reading it.

Matilda

I sure will pm you when I am in town! One more thing to look forward to! Have a great book signing! Cheers!
P.s. I agree with Korean about the movie! Haha

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
We are looking forward to Sunday but even more so if we knew Chivirico would be there too!

Chivirico is due to be with me for the weekend. I was going to drop him off at his home Sunday am but if everyone wants to meet him I could bring him too as long as his grandparents agree.

Matilda