From DR to Cuba?

ratzo

Feb 18, 2012
Wondering what folks would recomend as far as getting from the DR to Cuba, esp cheap flights.

For some of us the legality is complicated, but leaving that aside somewhat.... thanks!

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I took the cubana to Havanna. Had 12 hours delay. The taxi in Havanna told me its normal. I booked the flight in internet.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I went with Emily Tours.
No problems, but unless "Cubana" has some better planes now,it will be an experience.
In Habana, we taxied onto the runway, just as a rain storm hit. The captain said he was returning to the gate, as he didn't like to take off in the rain!
Take the "Tunnel Train"!
You won't see much, but it's safer, and almost as fast!
Flights on time, BUT!
You make a stop in Santiago de Cuba, or La Habana, after you depart,or enter Cuba, sit for 3 hours, just so you can spend more "Dolares" before they let you go.
Unless you have a good reason to go,( I went to a Int. Medical Conference),other than telling your friends, "I just got back from Cuba!", don't bother!
I had sex with a cuban prostitute, she looked like I brought her with me from "Boca Chica", but charged more!
And even she accepted USA Dollars.
At least my hotel and airfare were paid by the DR Government.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Don't underestimate the cuban girls. Normally they can dance far better salsa than any DR-Chica (but they don't know bachata) and also they write better spanisch. The other qualities are at least on the same level. They are also often more hot :)

Last edited:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Don't underestimate the cuban girls. Normally they can dance far better salsa than any DR-Chica (but they don't know bachata) and also they write better spanisch. The other qualities are at least on the same level. They are also often more hot :)

And they are often doctors in something....

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
I went with Emily Tours.
No problems, but unless "Cubana" has some better planes now,it will be an experience.
In Habana, we taxied onto the runway, just as a rain storm hit. The captain said he was returning to the gate, as he didn't like to take off in the rain!
Take the "Tunnel Train"!
You won't see much, but it's safer, and almost as fast!
Flights on time, BUT!
You make a stop in Santiago de Cuba, or La Habana, after you depart,or enter Cuba, sit for 3 hours, just so you can spend more "Dolares" before they let you go.
Unless you have a good reason to go,( I went to a Int. Medical Conference),other than telling your friends, "I just got back from Cuba!", don't bother!
I had sex with a cuban prostitute, she looked like I brought her with me from "Boca Chica", but charged more!
And even she accepted USA Dollars.
At least my hotel and airfare were paid by the DR Government.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Well cristobal...next time take pork with ya, remember we dont tip. i may be able to show you around. used to go every month.btw. the santiago stop is omitted some times. oh i love the planes which are older than me (i was born in the 40s)
look at the tires one is always bold, i asked the mechanic ( which always fly with the plane) w.t.f he said oh is nada before you see the hole we change it. I can rant all day about cubans and their flaying machines.....

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Love to go to Cuba for about 5 days. See Havana, the old cars and the old bars and the old faded white washed buildings. Oh and have a Cubano or a Cubana, One of each, I mean the sandwich, of course.

LTSteve

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The planes are very old Russian made jets.
Mine had been painted inside with a paint brush, and the seat #s applied with a "Magic Marker"!
When we boarded in Santo Domingo, the Cuban pilot was involved in a shouting match with a Dominican who wanted to take his huge suitcase inside the cabin.
They stole half my "toilet" articles on the way in, and the remainder on the way out!
I complained in the Havana airport. I was shown the "Complaint" line.
There were about 50 people waiting, so I just left.
I smoked, and brought back a lot of Cuban Cigars, so I was happy! :smoke::smoke::smoke::classic:
And don't forget "La Cubana Caliente"!!! :knockedou:knockedou:knockedou
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
The planes are very old Russian made jets.
Mine had been painted inside with a paint brush, and the seat #s applied with a "Magic Marker"!
When we boarded in Santo Domingo, the Cuban pilot was involved in a shouting match with a Dominican who wanted to take his huge suitcase inside the cabin.
They stole half my "toilet" articles on the way in, and the remainder on the way out!
I complained in the Havana airport. I was shown the "Complaint" line.
There were about 50 people waiting, so I just left.
I smoked, and brought back a lot of Cuban Cigars, so I was happy! :smoke::smoke::smoke::classic:
And don't forget "La Cubana Caliente"!!! :knockedou:knockedou:knockedou
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It is not just a trip..its an "adventure".

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The best part is the seating on the plane. A crew member stands at the door usually with a Cigar in his mouth and tells the people where to sit. Heavy goes middle of the plane, etc. and basically he is balancing the weight for take off. If the plane does tale off. LOL

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I drank with one of the aircrew member the whole way (from Cancun to Havana though).
Never again will I fly that airlines, never, I have kids now LOL :)

Last edited:

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
I drank with one of the aircrew member the whole way (from Cancun to Havana though).
Never again will I fly that airlines, never, I have kids now LOL :)

Aida..the pilot???!!! btw I used to fly mexicana from cancun, the had two dailies with fairly new a/c with leather seats...but the flight is about 14 minutes. I miss mexicana, they never came back.

palmiche53

Dec 17, 2012
who cares about your sex purchase? why don't you keep it for yourself? The original question was "CHEAP FLIGHTS FROM DR TO CUBA"

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Aida..the pilot???!!! btw I used to fly mexicana from cancun, the had two dailies with fairly new a/c with leather seats...but the flight is about 14 minutes. I miss mexicana, they never came back.
Not sure if it was the pilot or co-pilot. But we talked and drank cuba libre, most of the flight. What an introduction to cuba and cubanos LOL ! Oh Yeah, the last row was filled with luggage too.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
My flight from Santo Domingo to Havanna was as normal as any other flight, apart from the delay. Would and will do it again.

Last edited:

Olvidado

Jun 19, 2012
who cares about your sex purchase? why don't you keep it for yourself? The original question was "CHEAP FLIGHTS FROM DR TO CUBA"

I noticed the same thing, CC always bring SEX to every post, but you know, I have the feeling that he is a real good guy, a little disoriented but a good person nevertheless. CC needs to open a SEX/Prostitution forum and be the moderator. It gets old but now I think is funny, just ignore it. Again, don't know him, but I think he is a good guy.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Not sure if it was the pilot or co-pilot. But we talked and drank cuba libre, most of the flight. What an introduction to cuba and cubanos LOL ! Oh Yeah, the last row was filled with luggage too.

I have to admit, never seen that, "drinking and flying".. thats a first, while talking to pretty passengers. Estos cubanos hacen cada cosas.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have to admit, never seen that, "drinking and flying".. thats a first, while talking to pretty passengers. Estos cubanos hacen cada cosas.

hey, how drunk can the guy get? as soon as you level off, you begin your descent. those grizzled old pilots flying ancient Ilyushin IL62s can get the job done, sober or not.