Drill a water hole

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
I'm looking for a company who is able to drill a hole for water in the ground. The problem is that we have done this with the standard way and they stopped at 7 meters as there is a very hard rock layer. So what I need is a company which really drills the whole and not push it into the ground.
Any recommendations for the south coast or SD area?
Thank you

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
We just had a wellndug by Guzman from POP. The first time he tried he hit big rocks so he tried in a different place. The next time he hit electrical wires so he stopped again. The third time was a charm we had a well. He quoted a price of 35,000 RD and that is what we paid even after all the unsuccessful tries.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Try Ana at Ryveper in POP 809-320-9738 or cell 809-543-8154. They use a rotary drilling machine and can drill to 500 plus ft.

gandolf50

Apr 17, 2011
We just had a wellndug by Guzman from POP. The first time he tried he hit big rocks so he tried in a different place. The next time he hit electrical wires so he stopped again. The third time was a charm we had a well. He quoted a price of 35,000 RD and that is what we paid even after all the unsuccessful tries.

They hit electrical wires??? They didnt melt down the rig?????

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Wires at 37 feet. how can you drill a hole and see wires at that depth and therefore stop. Dominicans are amazing

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
They hot water at 37 feet. They saw the wires and didn't proceed therefore nothing happened.

How deep were the wires? Was it actual wires or some kind of conduit? I guess they could "skim" past the side of a conduit, see it and move elsewhere.

Not doubting you, but it's a strange excuse by them to move the rig. If they actually hit any wires or even conduit, the wiring would be toast.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't forget you will need a submersible pump!
I can not see "Electrical Wires" burried at 37 feet!
I like the "HOT" water part!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
My husband was there and they found thevwires at 4 feet, as I stated previously they found water at 37 feet

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
Coming back to my initial questions. Is there any company available in the south with a rotary drilling machine?
Do you have a phone number or link?
:bunny:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
it would be unusual not to hit rock after 37 feet would it ? otherwise we would all be sucked into a sink hole when it rained

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
I don't understand all the sarcastic remarks obviously my initial post was in correct. I said they attempted to drill and found rocks so they tried a different area and then at 4 feet they found wires. They tries again and at 37 feet they found water. The cost for drilling was 37,000RD and of course we needed to buy a pump and hire an electrician to install. I thought the initial question was about drilling and didn't include a question about the pump.
P

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
there werent any sarcastic remarks from me, i just presumed there was rock under the soil, I think you pay for each drilling whether they find water or not, so I presume its sometimes worth them not finding any.

paginas amarillas is the yellow pages they use here which could be useful