Drivers licence in dr? How soon can one renew this licence prior to expiry???

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Hi looking to take a trip , and my Dr licence expires in sept . any one know if there is a time frame that must be followed I know that cedulas seem not to allow early renewal .Any ones knowledge regarding dr govt site or info would be thankful

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Renewing your driver's license is very easy and very fast. I don't know where you are located, but there are usually places like big malls or supermarkets where this can be done. (I know Multicentro La Sirena in SD, for example).
You need your cedula and a copy of it. They'll take your picture and make you read a couple of lines of letters and that's it.
Last time I renewed it was like 5 minutes.

here you go: www.gob.do - Renovaci?n de licencia Categor?a 02

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
THANKS! Castle i am showing the present requirements i dont see anywhere where it says if you renew early ? but i expect that will be answered visiting the office i puerto plata which is my closest place ............... DIRIGIDO A A todos los ciudadanos con licencia de conducir categor?a 02, cuya vigencia exceda los cuatro (4) a?os, y los que deseen hacerlo antes del vencimiento.
RESULTADO DEL SERVICIO Licencia de conducir
DURACI?N DEL SERVICIO 4 a?os
REQUERIMIENTOS DEL SERVICIO

DOCUMENTOS REQUERIDOS PARA ADQUIRIR EL SERVICIO
C?dula de identidad y electoral.
Licencia de conducir categor?a 2, vencida.
Pago de impuestos y servicios en el Banco Reservas.
PROCEDIMIENTO PARA ADQUIRIR EL SERVICIO
Presentarse ante la oficina m?s cercana de la DGTT.
Pasar por Registro.
Examinarse de la vista.
Pasar por captura de datos, foto y firma.
Recibir documento en entrega de licencia.
COSTO DEL SERVICIO RD$830.00.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
You can always say you lost it. But they might ask for the police report (which I think takes a couple of days to get)