Edenorte Problems on North Coast - Any idea of the real reason?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Edenorte has done OK for the past several months, but now they tell me there is a generator out of service.
They tell me that they don't know when it will be back in service. If they don't know who does?

Does anyone have any information on what the current problem is with Edenorte and the generators that provide power to the North Coast, Cabarete area are in specific?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i heard they are to fix some major lines. there was even a talk - lat week - of 48 hours without power for POP while they are on it...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They probably ran out of fuel yet haven't paid the bill from the last shipment (or those prior to that).

Generally what comes to mind because of the high percentage of theft and transmission losses due to aged equipment.

i heard they are to fix some major lines. there was even a talk - lat week - of 48 hours without power for POP while they are on it...

Hopefully that is what the problem really is DV8, but they are telling me it is a generator and not the transmission lines. I do think the Edenorte phone support people do make it up as they go along.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the info on fixing the lines was actually on the radio... who knows thou whether it is true... because 48 hours without power will not go well... all i know is there is no power now and there should be. and i did not have my morning coffee... :(

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
here it has been on and off at the strangest hours, which never happened before. Like yesterday evening around 8 for a short while, and again at 11.

BelgianK

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Anyone in cabarete have cable television problems in the last 2 days .mine in central cab is breaking up into smallsquares , most channels i have forgotten the name of the cable company on the second floor above electricity edenorte where you pay at their office opposite the Millenium

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
A few days ago (Tuesday, I think) the City of Puerto Plata was without power from 9:30 AM until 7:30 PM. It was a known outage and we were told that it had to do with work on the generator.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power came on at my location at 12 noon, so nobody knows when it will be on or off.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone in cabarete have cable television problems in the last 2 days .mine in central cab is breaking up into smallsquares , most channels i have forgotten the name of the cable company on the second floor above electricity edenorte where you pay at their office opposite the Millenium

Cable del Norte. I personally don't watch the local cable channels. The problem of small squares (pixelation) is caused by insufficient bandwidth somewhere in the signal path. Either in the satellite signal they are stealing or further down the line in their equipment. It happens most when there is a storm and the signal fades from the satellite.

Is it just one channel or all of them ? Best to start a new thread on that topic, by the way.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

I use Cable del Norte in Cabarete. No problems at present or during the last few days. I suggest you contact the company.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yesterday there was an outage of over 9 hours... today, so far, no luz since about 8am. so 8 hours already...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If it's any consolation, it's no better on the south coast....Edesur is doing "maintenance of the lines" according to our housekeeper.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Power came on at 11 off at 2 Oh well as Pichardo says everything is fine and the pre paid meters will fix everything LOl What a joke ! good thing I am used to the BS LOL

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks Abuela. They don't mention the power generator having issues, just installing a new transformer. So it is encouraging if they can do install it in a day or two.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power came on at 11 off at 2 Oh well as Pichardo says everything is fine and the pre paid meters will fix everything LOl What a joke ! good thing I am used to the BS LOL
No doubt about it. Everything is fine and dandy, those pre-paid meters have really made the difference.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
This is why I have to invest in 5 generators scattered across my properties to ensure I have consistent, reliable electrical power. Yet I still have to pay Edenorte more per KwH than any other island in the Caribbean (who all have 24/7). As my t-shirt says..."just remember where you are..."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is why I have to invest in 5 generators scattered across my properties to ensure I have consistent, reliable electrical power. Yet I still have to pay Edenorte more per KwH than any other island in the Caribbean (who all have 24/7). As my t-shirt says..."just remember where you are..."

Where is PICHARDO when you need him to point out some small sections of other Caribbean islands that don't have 24/7 power? Like he pointed out previously about locations in the US that didn't have power at all or it was unreliable. As if we would care about that.

Indeed, I know where I am and Edenada is my supplier.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea generators cost $$$ to run I have already paid at least triple my electricity bill in gas alone this month for my generator!! Remember fuels is $$$ as well !!