Please help find this much adored little girl (female dog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Due to an unfortunate incident between Cabarete and Sosua, Rubi was thrust from the box she was being carried in on the way to the vet to be spayed this morning - understandably scared she ran. Her owners have walked miles, talked to everyone en route but they have not yet found her. Have you please seen Rubi?

As her owners, Rebecca and Carlos get married on Saturday they will be devastated if they don't find their precious little dog so please help.

Thanks and here is the pic of Rubi

2db2l35.jpg

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There are those who don't understand there is a difference between people and animals. Refer to themselves as Mommy or Daddy to a dog or a cat. A perversion if you ask me. Not that I don't care about dogs, but to confuse a dog with a girl is sad.

Why in the world should this offend you...............
Now that is sad.................

B in Santiago

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
There are those who don't understand there is a difference between people and animals. Refer to themselves as Mommy or Daddy to a dog or a cat. A perversion if you ask me. Not that I don't care about dogs, but to confuse a dog with a girl is sad.

I see the title: 'please help find this girl' and I think: "we need all to go out and look for her!". When I read the story I think: "oh I'm sorry for them and hope they find their dog back."

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
How About this one Get,s people,s Attention

I really, REALLY need everyone's help here. PLEASE!
OK, so it's a little dramatic, but I would like to ask a favor from everyone to see if I can find a specific vehicle.

I'm trying to find a 2 door Jeep Cherokee, preferably with an automatic transmission.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011

Lighten up!

Dec 26, 2011
How About this one Get,s people,s Attention

I really, REALLY need everyone's help here. PLEASE!
OK, so it's a little dramatic, but I would like to ask a favor from everyone to see if I can find a specific vehicle.

I'm trying to find a 2 door Jeep Cherokee, preferably with an automatic transmission.

We all have different priorities. Some people get excited about things, others about animals, others about people, yet others about ideas. It makes life interesting. :)

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Getting past all these self righteous people who don't have a heart big enough to understand that a animal (as the saying goes) is a person in a fur coat lol, no seriously and I am no exception, you find it totally heartbreaking, you don't know what's happening to them and all you want is them to be back in your care. I for one will certainly be keeping an eye open for this beautiful little girl! called Ruby. Truly good luck in finding her, have you phoned Judy or Dr Bob yet

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
More to the point as to whether or not animals are "people" is the fact that people are "animals". As a species, people (Homo Sapiens), are about as self important as any creature could be. As a whole, we have little regard for other living things, which of course is simply an over developed survival instinct ... further evidence for the argument. We think "we" are better than any other living thing. More successful??? Yes, for sure; but "BETTER"??? ... well, the big thinkers can argue that one until the end of time.

As for me, I tend to value ALL life. No, I'm no "tree hugger" or vegan, or whatever. I eat meat, wear leather, and use wood ... the circle of life and all of that. I'm just (I think) a little more humble than most, and recognize we're just one more cog in the wheel. As for our "best friends", I like most dogs better than many "people", and will go on record that ANY animal who dreams and is self aware is just as good as ME.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I lived with a lady for a while who tried to pretend that I was daddy to her cat.
Your decision, don't like it, move.

Due to an unfortunate incident between Cabarete and Sosua, Rubi was thrust from the box she was being carried in on the way to the vet to be spayed this morning - understandably scared she ran. Her owners have walked miles, talked to everyone en route but they have not yet found her. Have you please seen Rubi?

As her owners, Rebecca and Carlos get married on Saturday they will be devastated if they don't find their precious little dog so please help.

Thanks and here is the pic of Rubi

2db2l35.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just a reminder of what this thread is about
We're trying to find a dog here, not debate whether or not people should consider their pets as children, of which I see nothing really wrong, it is showing love for another being, and so hurting no one, so let it be. There's enough people causing pain to animals in the world, there must be balance somewhere.
Lets find this dog!

Macy Kai

Jul 7, 2012
There are some very rude and nasty people on here. We found her today squashed to the road, only recognisable by colour and size.... whic one of you uncaring people wants to come and explain that to my sisters four year old son?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
There are some very rude and nasty people on here. We found her today squashed to the road, only recognisable by colour and size.... whic one of you uncaring people wants to come and explain that to my sisters four year old son?

To W.B. Thanks for trying to help others and the girl. You did what you could and I respect you for trying. You/we do what we can to help and assist NOT ONLY animals but people that need a little help WHEN the help is REAL.

Most of the current attitude has become nasty, know it all or "I can't open my fridge". "Where can I find this or that AT THE LOWEST PRICE... and do they deliver!" "Help me.... help me... help me..... I can't leave my house to explore, figure things out or learn!"

DR1 has become a lot of...

I'm sorry about the dog. I'm sorry that foals are left in ditches. Too bad about a lot of things. Not sorry about JUST about every problem that is posted on DR1

BUT SOME GET OUT, very few on this sight... and find answers and have a real life and learn by doing and they have become VERY few.

Macy Kai. I understand and share your frustration.

NO wonder most of us long timers are "out of here".

Back into vacation mode I go. I can not STAND it here.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
The dog was so small
maybe the driver of the vehicle
did not see her so sad

Status
Not open for further replies.