Renting Movies from Amazon.com

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm about to try this but some friemnds tell me that Amazon won't allow downloads to RD IP addresses.

Anybody experience this? Or will the Pandora/Netflix false IP address from AZB work for this too.

Going with Styrong or any other will fix the problem , I expect.

Thanks

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Any decent proxy, VPN, HideMyAss that offers a USA based IP will allow you to play Amazon Prime videos, XBox Live, NetFlix, ESPN, ABC etc etc etc.

The paid VPN's (HideMyAss) are usually the best, as they offer better speed and IP's that are not banned due to abuse.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
HideMyAss will permit you to watch the free items. You need a US credit card to watch pr hire the paid content. Paypal doesn't work either if its not backed up with a US credit card.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I live in the DR, and I have been using Amazon Prime and its Movies On Demand features for years, without a IP Proxy. Maybe its because I order so much stuff to my Miami forwarding address, or maybe I set up my account using my Ft. Lauderdale address. But I have no problems whatsover.

I also use US credit cards.

Showtime, AMC, etc on demand wont work, due to DR IP address.

BeaverMan

Sep 12, 2012
From Punta Cana with Claro DSL I get the following:
all accounts originated in US
Netflix - streams well but has Latin American Content. Using a US proxy allows US content.
Amazon - items owned in video library stream no problems, rented content (paid) streams no problem. without using a US vpn I am unable to stream free "Prime" streaming content.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I live in the DR, and I have been using Amazon Prime and its Movies On Demand features for years, without a IP Proxy. Maybe its because I order so much stuff to my Miami forwarding address, or maybe I set up my account using my Ft. Lauderdale address. But I have no problems whatsover.

I also use US credit cards.

Showtime, AMC, etc on demand wont work, due to DR IP address.

Correction: The Amazon Prime free Instant Videos do not work, but other Amazon videos per per view I order do work.