Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Un Habitacion a 1,600-2000 pesos

Been gone for awhile but I'll be there on Tuesday. Have two bags and a saxophone. Anyone know of some decent places in Santiago?

I used to live in Los Salados and want something different this time.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe a dog house available for that price
    T.E.

3. Likes DOMINCAN JOE, EverythingJeff liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Amp, stay where you are - seriously, there is no 'decent places in Santiago' available for the budget you have. Many others come here with the same dream as you and it ALWAYS turns into a nightmare.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking per day or per week or per month.
    Per day there are plenty of places--Hotel Colonial for example
    Per week you are back in Los Salados
    Per month??? Not a clue...

Of course if you are talking dollars, the per month there are lots of nice places...

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Are you talking per day or per week or per month.
    Per day there are plenty of places--Hotel Colonial for example
    Per week you are back in Los Salados
    Per month??? Not a clue...

Of course if you are talking dollars, the per month there are lots of nice places...

HB
    I've lived there before for those prices just want a different neighborhood. I'm talking per month 1,600-2,000 pesos ($40-$60).

I have no problem living quite modestly. I don't need all the amenities I can live just fine with a bed and a shower.

I'm 24 and all I need is a place for me, my two bags and saxophone. I have a few friends I can stay with until I find a place, I'm just trying to make some headway before I get down there on Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Do us a favor and tell us about this. I would suppose that any of the barrios might work, Ensanche Espaillat, Peking, Los Guandules, Los Jasmines....maybe even Pueblo Nuevo or El Ejido...

Good luck..

HB

Moderator DR1.com

8. Likes DOMINCAN JOE liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

$2,000 RD or $50 US per month? I cannot imagine what that would be like if it even exists at all.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

He's renting a room. No kitchen. No bathroom. Doesn't sound like much fun when he could rent a 1BR with both for $6000RD, but to each his own.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, living in Los Salados was pretty wild. It was alright though since they had a baseball field and basketball court very close so always something I could be active in.

I witnessed a drive-by one night, that was probably the worst. Also when someone's father got beat up over a debt he was walking around with a machete looking for trouble but other than that it was pretty calm.

I lived in un edificio/pension with about 50 units. I lived on the main floor which I didn't like too much but it was fine. The water came on at 6am and 6pm and was off the rest of the day. I would eat out everyday since I had no stove to cook on but I could've easily purchased one.

The worst part of living there for about 4 months was when I bought a fridge. I went to a bunch of shops trying to find something used in my price range. I FINALLY found one but after one day it went out. I took it back to the store (I don't drive so that was an adventure getting it back and forth since the store was in Pueblo Nuevo). They refused to warranty it. I went back to my neighborhood and got some of my friends to help me out a bit. After about a week of going back and forth they gave me another one. It was the worst customer service hassle I have ever gone through. The name of the shop is Estufama #4, if I remember correctly. It has pink paint on the wall I can't remember the street but it is in Pueblo Nuevo near the bridge. Wasted so much money going back and forth daily and arguing with the owners. I would've saved more if I'd have just gotten it new, but lesson learned the hard way.

Any specific questions I can answer?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    He's renting a room. No kitchen. No bathroom. Doesn't sound like much fun when he could rent a 1BR with both for $6000RD, but to each his own.
    if i can find a job to afford that i'd take it. i just don't want to sign a lease when i know i can fulfill the obligation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast