cigar rollers in DR?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Does anyone know where and how to get in touch with cigar rollers?

I'm not talking about cigar factories or cigar enterprises, but regular people that roll cigars and sell to anyone that wants to buy.

I've purchased from cigar factories and individuals, and I've noticed that the cigars in the factories are not only more expensive, but they're not fresh.

I'm essentially looking for a fresh, decent cigar at a good price.

Thanks.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I'm in Santiago, but I can drive anywhere.

But I don't want to go to factories. I bought samples from two of them and the cigars were old and very dry.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In Bavaro I can send you to a place, but it is way too far from Santiago.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
May you name it here or is it top-secret?

Across from Plaza Bavaro a few doors down from Steve's Bar. I think the name is Cigar Factory. They roll them there all day, every day. You can smoke one and if you like it buy a bundle of 50 at a good price. Ask for Luis, he is the owner.

Dec 26, 2011
Across from Plaza Bavaro a few doors down from Steve's Bar. I think the name is Cigar Factory. They roll them there all day, every day. You can smoke one and if you like it buy a bundle of 50 at a good price. Ask for Luis, he is the owner.

In your debt.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I know there is a guy in Sosua who rolls his own cigars, they call him caballero ( hope I spelled it correct.....cowboy) but he doesn't have a store. He sells to the expats in the Jolly Roger. He wears a white cowboy hat and I hear he has good cigars. What about Cafe Cubano in Sosua? Do they carry tipco cigars from individuals?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
In Las Terrenas there is a cigar store that rolls their own, called Mundo Puro. They roll various sizes and shapes and the price averages about 100pesos. I am not sure if this is reasonable or expensive to you. For under $3 US I think it is a good price and the quality is very good. They make a mild, medium and strong blend. For the money it is hard to beat and they have a couple of people sitting in the shop rolling at most times.

LTSteve

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for the posts.

Actually, these cigars are for resale. We have a store in the states and we sell our cigars cheap. They're just 6 cigars with a carton backing and shrink-wrapped. We used to have someone in the DR, but he just disappeared. So now I'm looking for someone else.

People buy our cigars because they're fresh and cheap, and that's what I'm looking for.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Send a PM to Hillbilly...he knows just about everyone in the cigar industry in Santiago...from the biggest to the smallest players.

But what factories are you visiting that give you old, dry cigars? How cheap are you looking for?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just saw this.

You got to be kidding? Fresh cigars? No way!

The best cigars are aged at least 60 days to "blend" ....

Send me a PM and we can talk...This is silly, there are so many to choose from.

HB

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I agree with HB , I've been to many factorys here and they all have walk in humidifiers ,some of the best and most expensive cigars in the world have been locked away for a long time.