Go carts in Santiago?

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I know there is a Go Cart place in Puerto Plata; but since Im in Santiago I don't want to take the trip. Does anyone know of a Go Cart place in Santiago?

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
There used to be one on "carretera Don Pedro" but not anymore. I don't think there is one in Santiago.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
There used to be one on "carretera Don Pedro" but not anymore. I don't think there is one in Santiago.
Been asking around and Im getting the same from everyone I ask. Other than the bowling ally and the zoo, anyone recommend any fun activities in or near Santiago.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Been asking around and Im getting the same from everyone I ask. Other than the bowling ally and the zoo, anyone recommend any fun activities in or near Santiago.

You could always try "Cascada Park" on Ave. Hispano Americana, for a day of swimming and water action. Or head out to San Jose de las Mata, for some fun in the river. You'll love the scenery.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I like the cockfights on sunday. I would have thought the go carts would be a good bisnass in sti .

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I like the cockfights on sunday. I would have thought the go carts would be a good bisnass in sti .

It probably is a great business for Santiago, I'm sure if done right like the one at POP, many "Santiagueros" would indulge in this activity. Come to think of it, I am surprised that no one has tried to re-open a new go-cart business here in STI, especially when one takes into considering that the last go carting establishment closed in 1997.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It probably is a great business for Santiago, I'm sure if done right like the one at POP, many "Santiagueros" would indulge in this activity. Come to think of it, I am surprised that no one has tried to re-open a new go-cart business here in STI, especially when one takes into considering that the last go carting establishment closed in 1997.

Whenever I pass the one at POP (near the airport) no-one is using it! Maybe I just pass at the wrong time.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If you take the carretera turistica you can be at the POP airport in 1 hr and 20 min. I go this way every week.

Also, consider a day trip to the capital to the racetrack there.

Autodromo Mobil 1

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) I would talk to Juan Manuel Ure?a at MAU on Bartolom? Col?n...They run the track at the old airport (across the street from their offices.)
2) I would ask the owner of Porfirio Frenos on J. Armando Bermudez, next to the Cl?nica Santiago Ap?stol which is sort of next to the Banco Santa Cruz on 27 de Febrero, but on the left facing the bank...past the park..I know that Porfirio has go-carts and races them...

That's all I can provide.

HB

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Whenever I pass the one at POP (near the airport) no-one is using it! Maybe I just pass at the wrong time.

I've noticed that this place is only in use after the sun goes down, leading me to believe that if this establishment had a few planted trees to provide shade for all the patrons, it would due a lot more business during the hotter hours of the day.