If you travle to America....

Stepha228

Mar 22, 2013
You can flush toilet paper down the toilet. Funniest thing ever, that I witnessed at the JFK airport. Sweet gesture, but unnecessary.:)

Stepha228

Mar 22, 2013
Why is that discouraged here? Are people really of the opinion as I was told that the paoer will get caught in the throat of the toilet? The plumbing is the same as I have installed from Minnesota to Miami toBiloxi MS etc..

Because plumbing is different in the D.R. than in America silly.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
There are a few reasons. Up until early 90s 2" pipes were used, in modern buildings 4" or 4 1/2" pipes are used. In earlier buildings there was little to no regulations on plumbing installation, the 6* drop flow was not regulated, it probably isn't even now. There was also some crazy sump thing built into the systems even though the main system would be made 18" that were easily blocked, excreta build up really smells, from the street to the home. You can often smell it on the street in the heat as you are walking along, that is those silly sump things, I dunno what they are for, but they hold about a meter of waste.

Stepha228

Mar 22, 2013
I don't thi nk so. I stated that I have installed a lot of plumbing, and I see no difference between here and there. What differences do you see? I have installed and lived with septic systems also. No reason why not to use paper in the toilet because of a septic system. As far as the feminine napkins etc, that is different and have had to clean them out of plumbing, but not toilet paper.

Well then why is it a rule that you don't flush it down in the D.R.????

Stepha228

Mar 22, 2013
There are a few reasons. Up until early 90s 2" pipes were used, in modern buildings 4" or 4 1/2" pipes are used. In earlier buildings there was little to no regulations on plumbing installation, the 6* drop flow was not regulated, it probably isn't even now. There
was also some crazy sump thing built into the systems even though the main system would be made 18" that were easily blocked, excreta build up really smells, from the street to the home. You can often smell it on the street in the heat as you are walking along, that is those silly sump things, I dunno what they are for, but they hold about a meter of waste.

The plumber, Derfish needs to talk to you. Needs more info.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
This is some thread.....Here in the countryside if u dont have ure water pump on( cos there is no electrity and they drain the batteries), the water pressure is so low( tinacoa or local water) that it can block the pipes, I ve experinced it. Secondly, sceptic tanks here in the countryside are not meant to be emptied, once full they cement it over and build a new one. Ihave to empty mine once in 5 years and I have to get a guy round from santiago and it cost me a leg and an arm..... Third , if u travel to america dont add an e to travel....

Stepha228

Mar 22, 2013
This is some thread.....Here in the countryside if u dont have ure water pump on( cos there is no electrity and they drain the batteries), the water pressure is so low( tinacoa or local water) that it can block the pipes, I ve experinced Secondly, sceptic tanks here in the countryside are not meant to be emptied, once full they cement it oveand build a new one. Ihave to empty mine once in5 years and I have to get a guy round from santiago and it cost me a leg and an arm..... Third , if u travel to america dont add an e to travel....
I'm sleepy... So I should not even be talking anymore. But I needed to inform people to flush it down...:)