OBESE Passengers Could be Charged DOUBLE to Fly

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
good policy. Fatties need to pay. Ever sat next to one overflowing into your space for hours on end, then asking, you going to eat those peanuts?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there was a famous sign in a dominican carro publico: SI TU CULO OCUPA DOS SILLAS PAGA POR DOS. large folks take two plane seats? let them play for two. everyone will be more comfortable. and nothing like money to motivate you to drop weight...

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
If you are just too big to fit in one seat without "overflowing" onto your neighbors, they should charge you for two seats and allocate that extra seat. At the same time, if you are too freaking annoying, loud-mouthed, or baby crying they should charge you an "annoyance tax"!

May 29, 2006
Figure that on average Americans have gained 40 pounds each in the last 20 years. It all adds up when you've got a couple hundred people on the plane. I think they should do a total weight with your luggage so if you're skinny you can bring more with you. They could also make some seat narrow(like they used to be) so they can fit more in a row and then have premium wide seats for people who want more elbow room or won't fit into a 20" seat.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
If they are going to charge for extra and over weight luggage than what is the problem here. The airlines should either have an oversized seat you can pay extra for or insist you buy an additional seat or you can ride with the luggage. Your choice? Personally I would be so self conscience trying to fit into a regular size seat that you know that even with WD40 you have know chance. I think the airlines are probably afraid of a ****ing someone off or a discrimanatory lawsuit but common sense would dictate that they have the right to charge extra. A simple if you can't fit comfortably or will infringe upon other passengers personal space between the arm rests than you must make other arrangements. It seems like there are a lot more "Big" people flying so I think it is time the airlines addressed this.

LTSteve

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
let's make a deal. we charge 'em for two seats and give 'em two meals. everyone would be happy. and soon these folks will get too fat to fly.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
They should also get rid of fat "flight attendants" that weigh 500 lbs and bring back the real "Stewardess" to save fuels.
[video=youtube;a5KiUVgFgaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5KiUVgFgaM[/video]

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I agree and I used to be a fatty myself. I was 260 lbs (6 foot tall) at one time. I have gotten in much better shape and am 185 lbs now. So I have seen this from both sides. It is uncomfortable for the person sitting next to the fat person and it is uncomfortable for the fat person. Once I bought two tickets just to be more comfortable. But that didn't work as they put someone on standby in the unused seat. I guess I should have paid for first class. Oh well those days are history, I'm much happier at my new weight.

May 5, 2007
Airlines still use the guideline of 190# per passenger, airlines are quick to charge for extra seats for large/overweight passengers, how many of you "smaller" passenger have received a rebate for being under 190#?

Given the expanding waistline of the average passenger, maybe airlines should consider adding 6-9 seats with expanded width?

It's a completely different world when you get into GA aircraft as the C/G weight is far more critical

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not think it pays off to the airlines to make any changes. someone fat will not only need a wider seat but also more gut room. and that means redesigning the space and losing even more room.

and then the weight itself is not easy to judge. our own CB is a big, tall man and i am sure he weighs more than many fatsos, there is just so much of him :) and nowadays a pregnant woman easily bulks up and balloons to unbelievable size even in the early stages of her pregnancy when she can fly.

maybe the fat should be allowed to fly at all? let them walk. after a hike from east to west coast they'll be so slim they can take a plane back home ;)

and yes, i am all for hottie stewardesses. in tank tops and short, short shorts.

Gilles Beaulieu

Apr 7, 2010
So does that mean lightweights will get a discount.
=================================

If, you are obese and that kept silent takes two seats for your transport by plane, me think that it is normal that you pay both seats which you occupy.
If, you is thin and that have him(it) can put two passengers on your seat(siege), it is normal that you pays half price(prize) and your friend pays half price(prize).
What makes a normal price for a seat(siege).
You pay half price(prize) as much as you accept another passenger on your seat(siege).
Good reflection.
Gilles Beaulieu. Montr?al.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
=================================

If, you are obese and that kept silent takes two seats for your transport by plane, me think that it is normal that you pay both seats which you occupy.
If, you is thin and that have him(it) can put two passengers on your seat(siege), it is normal that you pays half price(prize) and your friend pays half price(prize).
What makes a normal price for a seat(siege).
You pay half price(prize) as much as you accept another passenger on your seat(siege).
Good reflection.
Gilles Beaulieu. Montr?al.

LOL.............Two people in an airline seat, now THAT'S skinny.:eek:

Bigfoot

Aug 23, 2010
They should charge people by the pound based on muscle to fat ratio! The Fatter you are the more that you have to pay..... I hate it when I'm in my seat and an obese person's body spreads over to my chair.....