Earliest Public Transport to Higuey/SDQ from Bavaro?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Does anybody know at what time in the morning leaves the first public transport to Higuey and/or Santo Domingo?

Thanks!

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Caribmike, I am used to do that trip to Higuey, you can take the "guagua" even at 3 am ... from 3 am every one hour they leave from Friusa station. From 7 am I think they start using the big buses, but before, you will have to take the small ones which you are used to see around this area.
So, if you really need to be in SD early and 7 am is too late for you to take the direct bus, take one little bus to Higuey at 3 or 4 am and in higuey take the SD guagua, which leaves every 30 mins during whole night-morning.
Cheers.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I know that getting from Higuey to SDQ is not a problem.

But I didn't know that the Guaguas go all night to Higuey from Veron. I was told the first one goes around 6 AM...

Thank you.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Not from Veron, from Friusa station in Bavaro ...
The small ones, are at least running from 3 am, as I took them more than once ...
cheers.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Obviously they go through Veron to reach Higuey, but then you cannot take them at 3 am but 3:15 or so when they arrive Veron.
Cheers.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Problem is with these early morning buses is that they usually leave full from Friusa to not take the risk of not filling up all the seats along the way. Starting around 6am they're easier to catch along the route.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I think I will just take a taxi to Higuey...

Btw. How much would be a taxi to SDQ round trip? Just to have a number to negotiate with a driver I know...