Dominican immigrant wins $338MM USD lotery jackpot

Jan 5, 2006
We've all seen or heard the stories about lottery winners being broke within a few years. Hopefully he'll wise up and go into hiding, then re-emerge after getting some sound financial and legal advice.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I am glad for him for once its not some old 80 year old couple from a town nobody has ever heard of.

I wonder if he will move back to DR now I think he won't or maybe he will buy a villa in Casa de Campo.

Man Dominicans are taking over 1st the WBC now the Power Ball whats next?????

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Damn! I just read the OP and thought I had won it, then realized I didn't buy a ticket: this damn Republican-engineered sequester is killing me! I'm better off dead!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Damn! I just read the OP and thought I had won it, then realized I didn't buy a ticket: this damn Republican-engineered sequester is killing me! I'm better off dead!

Why, did they cut back on your candy and cigarettes. Phone your buddy Obama and he'll put a stop to it right away.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
"Ay Dios" said Pedro.
Now this is a honey of a good news story. "Ay Dios" to be sure.
Way to go Pedro..............:bandit:

Dec 26, 2011
Pollogringo he is a lot of things right now "poor guy" is not one of them.

He'll be a target. Especially if he moves to RD. His kids aren't going to learn what it's like to grow up and create something of their own, with their sweat. His problems are just going to be larger and more complicated now.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I don't like all of these negative comments about my long-lost brother.
But it is what it is...
So called families and friends think it's free money and they deserve most of it. You are going to be in trouble with families and friends wanting their "Cut". You say what's the big deal giving one million to your family but go ask what IRS will have to say about that. Even you win that ridiculous amounts of money, all the problems doesn't go away, it creates more problem. If you aren't careful with your winning. Your closest family and friend could become your worst enemy.

Tell your long lost brother, help out this koreano for giving him advice.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
I’m going to help a lot of people, whatever they need,” said the Dominican native, who has lived in Passaic ever since leaving Santo Domingo as a young man.

Hell. He's even asking for it. This cannot end well.

May 12, 2005
Congrats to him. Talk about lucky. Hopefully he has a good head on his shoulders and gets sound advice. First thing he should do is move the heck out of Passaic.