Is it difficult to start a new business in DR?

Shane chen

Mar 26, 2013
www.cnslogistic.om
I bet most of people know about Pirates of the Caribbean, and was attracted by the beauty of its scenery in DR.

But there is few knowledge about the businss.

Could somebody recommend some local business forum, or the business websites(trading websites/industrial website)etc? Let people from the other countries has a more comprehensive view of DR.

Best regards,

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
not difficult to "start" at all. Nearly impossible to make any money. Notice I said "nearly" to all of you who are ready to pounce with your stories of how this one made millions and so on. In the US most new business fail but in the DR the number is larger than "most". Good luck with your venture.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
not difficult to "start" at all. Nearly impossible to make any money. Notice I said "nearly" to all of you who are ready to pounce with your stories of how this one made millions and so on. In the US most new business fail but in the DR the number is larger than "most". Good luck with your venture.

glad you qualified that one, zoom. i know of at least one guy here who is chomping at the bit to remind you that he has several relatives by marriage who started out life renting a shoeshine box, and now own a few shopping malls and cruise ships.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Shane:

Do you live in the DR or know anything about the country? It is difficult to do anything here unless your feet are on the ground. If you google DOING BUSINESS IN THE DR this will bring up all kinds of websites for info.

LTSteve