New restaurant open Playa Alicia Sosua

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
The new restaurant in the Park in front of Playa Alicia in Sosua is open. The menu had sandwiches, pizza and other more expensive choices. I hope it is a success because Sosua does not have alot of restaurants facing the ocean.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The new restaurant in the Park in front of Playa Alicia in Sosua is open. The menu had sandwiches, pizza and other more expensive choices. I hope it is a success because Sosua does not have alot of restaurants facing the ocean.

Pizza?

I thought there were one or two restaurants facing the ocean at Sosua Beach? :bandit:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
The beach has a lot of names. The beach began to appear about 6 years ago during an Easter weekend.
It's grown, naturally, and is phenomenal.
Alicia is the mother's name of a long-time bar manager at the Waterfront restaurant. He put up a sign in honor of her.
Whatever you wanna call it. The park is dedicated to, and funded by the local Jewish community,
What is worth mentioning is, the sunsets.
They are often spectacular. Comparable to any I've ever seen anywhere in the world.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How many minutes on foot to Casa Valeria? I heard it was pretty close.
You could make it in 5 minutes at a slow pace, very nice beach, serious undertow, no lifeguards.

Make a right out the front of your hotel and walk two blocks to the end of the Calle Dr Rosen you will hit Playa Alecia.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No restaurants on this beach. No vendors either. Pretty tranquillo

Bob K

Yes and no. The restaurant/bar is in the park at the top of the bluff, overlooking the beach below.

No restaurants on Sosua Beach, either, if by beach you mean the sand bordering the water.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes and no. The restaurant/bar is in the park at the top of the bluff, overlooking the beach below.

No restaurants on Sosua Beach, either, if by beach you mean the sand bordering the water.

Are you saying Sosua Beach has no restaurants?

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Are you saying Sosua Beach has no restaurants?

Once again, you've dazzled us with your comprehension skills. Do you really have such a hard time understanding everything or do you just enjoy being a nuisance?

Back to the topic, hopefully this new restaurant will do well. It is a nice alternative to Waterfront if you just want to have a drink and maybe a snack overlooking the ocean.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
An update

Sorry retired one but any restaurant that doesn't have a washroom doesn't have me as a customer. Today they sent me to "On the Waterfront" to have a p*ss and wash my hands. I went and Roberto et.al. let me use their facilities did I go back to the other place? Hell NO and never will.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
The name of the park at the end of Dr. Rosen is Mirador. Great beach but as a previous poster stated the undertow can be bad. It it looks rough its more than the eyes sees.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Was there 4 days ago, asked for the key to the BR and there it is, as usual. Clean even.
Eddy, maybe it was out of service? Don't know.
Never had a problem since they opened.
Waterfront restaurant/bar service is so slow I rarely go anymore.
Roberto is nice, but Andres needs to change the whole bunch IMO.
Too bad really....such a beautiful view.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The name of the park at the end of Dr. Rosen is Mirador. Great beach but as a previous poster stated the undertow can be bad. It it looks rough its more than the eyes sees.

Another poster, Jessicarabbit, on here, had a bad accident from this undertow, it is NO joke, I was almost pulled out on more than one occasion, be VERY careful going in, there is a huge drop off and very odd break of the waves, that violently beats you.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Maybe people unaware of what a beach break is could have a problem. Just stay away
from the cliff areas at either end of the beach. Actually those are great for body
boarding, but not for a tourist swimmer, for sure. Of course waves that only break
right at the shore, beach break, can knock you down and slam you into the sand on a heavy day.
Don't know what happened to J.Rabbit, but likely he/she got slammed very close to shore.
I've never experienced typical undertow there, as in, you can't swim back to shore and
get sucked out to sea.
If that happens, just swim parallel to the beach a few yards and you're out of the outward flowing current.
I observe the currents there very often and cannot concur it's a dicey place to swim, bodyboard, etc.
However, if warnings keep folks away, I'm all for it.
As Yogi said: Nobody goes there anymore, it's too popular. :)