Well this wasn't very well thought out. Quick break.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
So I thought I'd book a quick break today for tomorrow til Sunday, but now I've come to do it I can't find anything around Juan Dolio orcaround this stretch, at all. I didn't figure in the Easter weekend. Any ideas, tips, solutions?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how about staying in a cabana? spend the day at the beach and then head to cabana, pay for 2x4hrs and you have a good night sleep at a low price.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I don't like the beach, and we always like the A/I aspect of our weekend breaks. It's nice to drop out of society and leave the real DR from time to time.
its crazy, every single hotel is fully booked up, must be a good sign, but that doesn't help us, I think my family are going to be slightly pi$$ed I confidently kept postponing the booking.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a, sorry, i thought it was you or you with wife only. i think you may try to show up. maybe some places with have rooms. maybe not AI...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It's the busiest holiday of the year. What were you thinking? There is no room at the Inn. Find a barn.

LTSteve

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
I wanted to come to DR this week instead of the beginning of March, but the cheapest fare was upwards of US$655. God only knows how much more the hotels would charge because of the holiday.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We could have rented our apartments in Cabarete 40 times over this weekend. The most demand ever. Too bad for all the party goers that the weather is not cooperating with beach days.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You can probably sneak into my house for the weekend.
I doubt I would notice a "Few More"!
My wife wanted to take all 8 of us to La Romana, or some other "AI" place for 4 days.
At 60,000 pesos!!!
I went to "JUMBO" on Tuesday, bought an inflatable pool, 12 feet wide, 30 inches deep, with a water pump, and filter system, for 4,100 pesos.
And only 30 minutes to set up, but Hours to fill, even with 3 hoses
Cheaper, Safer, Closer, BETTER FOOD, and the kids are just as happy, maybe more so, because their "POOR" cousins are here to play/yell/fight/ AND have a BALL WITH!!!!
My Poor Neighbors, I hope they left till Sunday!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Best part, my wife is all PI$$ED off! :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin
Sooooooooo,even I am HAPPY! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
You can probably sneak into my house for the weekend.
I doubt I would notice a "Few More"!
My wife wanted to take all 8 of us to La Romana, or some other "AI" place for 4 days.
At 60,000 pesos!!!
I went to "JUMBO" on Tuesday, bought an inflatable pool, 12 feet wide, 30 inches deep, with a water pump, and filter system, for 4,100 pesos.
And only 30 minutes to set up, but Hours to fill, even with 3 hoses
Cheaper, Safer, Closer, BETTER FOOD, and the kids are just as happy, maybe more so, because their "POOR" cousins are here to play/yell/fight/ AND have a BALL WITH!!!!
My Poor Neighbors, I hope they left till Sunday!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Best part, my wife is all PI$$ED off! :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin
Sooooooooo,even I am HAPPY! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You Set up in the street out front I hope...I should try the ole Intex water rodeo in the street here in south bean town suburbia land...be quite a sight here I imagine and it is actually toying with 60 degrees today...miss it don't ya? Hehee

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Well, more was closed than I thought. Took a drive along to MegaCentre, there is always something open in there, but even the main doors are closed today, so even my favorite Karaoke bar (well, I love the furniture, the actual bar a quite $hite to be honest) will be out of pocket. American fereteria closed, La Sirena, even the sports bars on San Isidro are shut up.
Why do I not remember this weekend ever being as lifeless as this? Or maybe in the past I simply just don't remember this weekend due to copious alcohol consumption. It's days like this I get jealous of everyone else. I mean, what is a beach hating, sober, in the dog house guy supposed to do while everyone is getting drunk on a windy beach front and crashing cars? I can't even go to a hotel and pay the family into the pool area, just got knocked back.
i think I'll just go to work, I hate national holidays, there is nothing for none drinkers to do!
Or I might sneak under CCC's perimeter fence if I can stay under the radar and past security:(

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Here in POP too.

It's nice in the Cap today, no sun, a nice breeze, white sky, not much heat. It feels like it would try to rain if the breeze would drop, but I don't think that will, last night the breeze was whistling through the cage, I felt like I was on a boat for a while there.