Opening times this weekend?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What is closed, open? I'm looking for a Claro store open, but can't be arsed to go out if it's all gunna be closed.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Took a drive around Santo Domingo just now.
Streets are pretty much empty.
Did "Luperon", 27 Feb.,Ortega Y Gaset, all just a few cars, no busses or trucks.
It was GREAT!
Evgerything closed, except for a FEW Colmados.
Got some "Pan de Agua", and "Sobao" and home.(Called 3 colmados in the am, "No Pan"!
I have about 11 here for the Semana Santa, Lots of "Pan con Chocolate" being consumed, along with EVERYTHING ELSE! :(:(:(
Wanna buy a cousin?........cheap????????????????
Most big stores, supermarkets will be open tomorrow.
Sunday, not-so-many, so shop for food tomorrow.I WILL :cry::cry::cry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I hear ya. Traffic was the one thing I couldn't stand when I was in StoDgo. Sometimes it would take an hour to get from Colonial to Los Heroes.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
On average, I spent about 55 minutes between Avenida George Washington and Expreso John F. Kennedy via Avenida Abraham Lincoln or Avenida Alma Mater.

I forget how many kilometers that was, but it couldn't have been more than 9 linear miles between the two.

The traffic is nuts

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I live in "Ls Colinas de Arroyo hondo".
North of most of Santo Domingo.
If I have to cross "JFK", and/or 27de Feb. I go between 9"ish", to 11"ish"
Other than those hours, I stay home. in the AM.
In the afternoon I venture out between about 1:30 and 3 pm.
My "Dominicana" can never understand why I don't want to go to "Duarte" on a Friday afternoon, at 5pm., before a long weekend!
Or to the bank on the 15th. and/or the 31st. of the month.
Or to the supermarket on Dec. 24th. at 5 pm.
Or to the beach during "Semana Drunko" :knockedou:knockedou:dead:
I DO!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
I can attest about not going to the bank on the 15th.

I took my lady friend to Agora mall so she can withdraw some cash when she got paid that week I was there. The lines at Popular were crazy.

Ditto about the hours driving. It was practically a parking lot after 730am. I walked to most places and left the rental at the hotel. It was quicker and less of a hassle, not to mention easier on my cash.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
The hotel where I chose to stay does not provide a shuttle between SDQ and Santo Domingo, and based on what the US embassy site said, it's risky to take a taxi from there.

And since that hotel is literally close to everything within walking distance, I probably want to stay there again on my next trip.

The rental did cost US$380, but half that cost was optional bumper-to-bumper insurance. I fully expected to get crashed into during my stay though thankfully nothing happened.

I did like the freedom that came with my GPS-enabled phone and having my own set of wheels. But I'm also used to that luxury in New York.