What's with Claro cell call restriction?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
No, my landline will not allow me to call a cell phone, why? Have I blatantly been with Claro all this time and really never called a cell phone from it? Actually quite possible as I rarely use the landline for anything.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
All calls to Cell phones in the D.R. are considered long distance, you must dial a "1" first if calling from a landline.

From a cell phone, you "never" dial a "1" to call numbers in the D.R.

Your landline could be restricted from calling long distance.

"R"

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
I know that's what it is. To call DR from New York, the landline rate is always lower than the wireless rate.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There are some Claro plans that, weirdly enough, allow calls to the US as part of a fixed number of minutes allowed per month, but restrict calls to cell phones. I found out the hard way.

While I was out of the country for the year and a half of recuperation, my office had my telephone service suspended. When I returned, they arranged to get it turned back on. Unfortunately, they didn't bother to tell me that my plan had changed to the one I just mentioned. You can just imagine my surprise when I could call the US for no additional charge, but couldn't call my taxi driver's cell phone from the land line!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mine is the same way,meaning I can't call DR cell phones.
I MUST have that, after a $600 US dollar phone bill 15 years ago!
The itemized bill was about 20 pages long!
If you want to call a "Cell", or the USA, get a "Claro" phone card, enter the code, and start talking.
They only charge that card for the minutes you talk.
The extra minutes, if any, are still available next time you enter the code, on any phone.
CCCCCCCCCCCC