happy easter from Cabarete although the weather needs help

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is a dangerous beach!!

Oh well, good to see you are well...

Folks, please remember that probably 80 to 90% of the drivers on the road today and tomorrow will have some alcohol in their systems....so be extra cautious, especially with the motorcyclists....last year 27 of the 31 traffic fatalities were motorcycle related!!

HB

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Bad weather is a disaster for the beach vendors in Sosua who count on this holiday to make a couple of bucks. They order a ton of food, often on credit, including fish and other perishables and if the crowds do not show they are hurting.
Never saw a statistic but would wager that the majority of deaths are alcohol related. Stay home and drink.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Just went to the airport and judging by the line of buses and cars along the highway by the beach, I think there are plenty of people there...I would guess many Dominicans are happy that it's not super hot and sunny..as long as it's not raining.

I hope they do well this weekend despite the weather!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Went to the Campo outside Buena Vista, near Jarabacoa. Great time playing in the mud on an ATV, sitting around a fire chatting and drinking wine....etc. Who needs the beach and sunshine.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Went to the Campo outside Buena Vista, near Jarabacoa. Great time playing in the mud on an ATV, sitting around a fire chatting and drinking wine....etc. Who needs the beach and sunshine.

you know what i'm thinking? potatoes baked in ashes. with sausage fried over the fire, on a wooden stick. turistas can keep the beach and the sun. :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I stayed and shivered in Santiago. One of my sisters-in-law is shivering in Los Montones!! The whole north is being air conditioned by the Good Lord....

Thanks...Weather God...

HB