Santiago to Jarabacoa

Kantana

Mar 25, 2012
Hello everyone,
What is the shortest, fastest and cheapest way to get to Jarabacoa from Santiago. Will it be the metro or caribe, gua gua, taxi, motoconcho, rent a car and drive, or can I simply walk? What is the distance and how much will it cost?
Thanks.
Ktn..............:laugh:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you are a repentant sinner, I suppose you could do the walk, but it would take at least a day if you started really early.

Nope, the best and easiest way is to go to the corner of Sabana Larga and Restauraci?n and ask for a bus to Jarabacoa. The whole southeast corner is fulled with a bus station for the smaller buses that go there.

Another way is to get a bus to La Vega on Caribe Tours and then switch to one of their buses up to Jarabacoa, but it is more expensive and much slower than the previous suggestion.

Have fun..

HB

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
:laugh:
Hello everyone,
What is the shortest, fastest and cheapest way to get to Jarabacoa from Santiago. Will it be the metro or caribe, gua gua, taxi, motoconcho, rent a car and drive, or can I simply walk? What is the distance and how much will it cost?
Thanks.
Ktn..............

Walk? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I would also suggest you buy a map of the D.R. so you know where the heck you are.

"R"

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
But her butt will never, ever forgive you for that idea!! Prolly worse than walking!!

HB

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
Caribe Tours doesn't have a direct route from Santiago to Jarabacoa. The best way is to is to take the expresso from santiago to la vega and another expresso from la vega to jarabacoa. Total cost less than 200 pesos and total time about 1 1/2 hours.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Caribe Tours doesn't have a direct route from Santiago to Jarabacoa. The best way is to is to take the expresso from santiago to la vega and another expresso from la vega to jarabacoa. Total cost less than 200 pesos and total time about 1 1/2 hours.
A bus change in LaVega and you're there, in decent style & luxury. Some of those guaguas are...suboptimal...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A bus change in LaVega and you're there, in decent style & luxury. Some of those guaguas are...suboptimal...

La Vega- Jarabacoa guaguas are for the most part new or newer toyota or Hyundai vans that comfortably seat 18, so they put up to 24 people in them but for the most part are comfortable and its a short ride anyways.