Beware of the rain

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Some of you may be aware of this but for those that arent

the rain falls from the sky and makes you wet

in order to avoid getting wet its avisable to have some sort of barrier between you and the rain

if outdoors and umbrella or hat will protect you or a raincoat to protect the body

other ways to avoid getting wet would be to take shelter under something or stay indoors

I hope this will help some of our newer members and refresh the memory of some of the older ones

Mar 2, 2008

in order to avoid getting wet its avisable to have some sort of barrier between you and the rain

if outdoors and umbrella or hat will protect you or a raincoat to protect the body

other ways to avoid getting wet would be to take shelter under something or stay indoors

I hope this will help some of our newer members and refresh the memory of some of the older ones

Thank you, jr. I learn something every time you post. You are always informative and helpful. I particularly like the way you insert a space between your thoughts. That is such an unique and useful concept.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

Are there any particular cautions for those of us who may be thinking about a trip to Sos?a

Does the rain affect the activities of the AMET officers

if an older person has a pocket full of walking around I don't have to work so screw you money can it get wet

- worried in in Santo Trafficjam :paranoid:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
funny-traffic-signs-caution-water-on-road-during-rain.jpg
:tired:

Dec 26, 2011
Will bar girls and supermarket girls face the same threat from this phenomenon? Will they get equally wet? At the same rate?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
More importantly, what should you do for them if they get wet?

This is so complicated. We need someone to guide us through the minutiae.

Don't sweat the petty stuff

Don't pet the sweaty stuff

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggh

confused.jpg

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The rain has washed all the "yellow line" no parking areas off the streets in SD, there is nolonger a concern about where you park. Tow trucks are being converted to food carts! Apparently it was a toss up between the food cart business or additional garbage trucks to clean the streets of debris. It was a no brainer!! Someone here once told me that the garbage actually is needed as it cleans the streets. Its the garbage that plugs the storm sewers which causes massive floods which inturn wash the streets. :rolleyes:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i can't believe how boring you are. i yawned 28 times reading your post. some of us have been in DR long enough to know better that this. i always get out when it rains and i never got wet so far. sometimes all you need to do is slip the rain a 100 pesos note and all is well.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is some value to the OP's post:

Awareness of this situation should bring more caution.
Personal experience: Once upon a time I was really "motoring along" --in excess of 120 kph on the Duarte going north. It was raining in spurts. As I came over a hill and started down, I hit running water across the highway...apparently a drain had become plugges and the flow went onto the highway. I hydroplaned, spun around two or three times and ended up on the gravel at the side of the road! Luckily, no major damage (no "safety guards" installed yet) and I was pulled out by a friendly truck...however, it was quite sphincter puckering to say the least!

So far, there have been 18 deaths and all but two were in traffic accidents, in spite of added patrols and cautions...over half of the hundreds injured were on motorcycles.

Be aware and be careful....

Rain rain...

HB

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Uh-oh. The sun is peaking through in Cabarete. No hydroplaning possible at the moment, but I am a very good driver. Please beware of the sun, it can cause major skin damage. Be sure to use the proper sun screen for your skin type. Best to bring it from out of the country. So expensive here. If you get your underwear at K-Mart, that is a good place to get it while you are there.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
That girls has really pretty eyes!
IF SHE WOULD DO SOMETHING NICE WITH HER HAIR SHE WOULD BE Very pretty!
Why do people think that posting pictures like that, add anything to the discussion???
I'm sure she is loved by many.
I see a sparky personality!
And I bet she gives "Good Head"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With a face like THAT, it's her ONLY HOPE!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC