La Parillada Steakhouse in Sosua - Great meal!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Went to La Parillada last night. It's located at the entrance to Terra Mar...off the main highway just west of Charamicos. The original location in Pto Pta (which is still there), has been open for many years. You can make reservations online - which they actually confirm via email...nice touch!

They have an extensive menu featuring local and Imported steaks, pork, seafood, poultry, pasta, and even a large selection of kid's meals. Several apps/tapas plates, soups and salads are also available. Prices are very reasonable (huge Churasco Crillio was $435 pesos, Filet 550, Chateaubriand for 2 around 1000 pesos, a big mixed grill for 2 is 1050 and a mixed surf and turf - which was also huge and included a full lobster, was around 1200 pesos). The place is big and indoor/outdoor, there's a decent selection of wines, also at reasonable prices. Other drinks were very reasonable (I think Cuba Libres were 90 pesos!). The churasco was cooked perfectly - actually medium rare - which is not that easy for such a thin steak, everything else was also done well (not well-done!).

We didn't see any notice of impuestos being included...and assumed they were. We were pleasantly surprised that the ITBIS was apparently included. They did add on a 10% service fee. Total bill for 2 large churascos, 1 surf and turf mixed grill for 2, 3 glass of wine, 3 rum tonics, and a water, was under 3200 pesos, we added another 10% so the whole bill was 3500 pesos for a feast for 4.

I will definitely be back!

Here's there website with a full menu:

http://www.laparrilladasteakhouse.com/NOW-OPEN-IN-SOSUA--D-R-.html

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i did not know there is a connection to la parillada in POP... i was in POP few times and loved it each time. do not remember the prices but nothing out of the ordinary...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Just re-read my post and wanted to correct something: when we didn't see "impuestos incluido" on the menu we assumed they WERE NOT included...but they didn't add the 18%...just a 10% service charge...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i thought it closed, when I played tennis there it all seemed shut up and the christmas tree was still up, I havent seen it advertised anywhere

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Nope still open. But I think (don't quote me) only for dinner sometimes. Try it out. dv8 - Yep, their connected. Hope to try the one in POP one day.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
POP location also opens only for dinners and only some days. years passed since my last visit... we do other places now but i think meat there was unbeatable...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
actually rum tonic isnt too bad, preferable to coke any way

I thought you were more of a Melon Ball sipper?

34772.jpg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Care for salad with your steak?

Please see these photos before saying no.....

Truly, I have 2 friends who pride(d) themselves on no veggies/ greens.

One died in his mid-forties, the other has Chrone's and barely exists

Veggies or rum/tonic ?? w/ a squeeze on limon ?????????