2007 vehicles still good to import(supposedly)

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Ok,so Fama shipping states that all imports 2007,are good to ship to DR as long as they get there before June 02,which is the deadline.I made arrangements with them to ship my 2007 ford explorer for a cost of 3600$ door to door.I inquire about using law 168 and she stated that's fine but she needed to arrange my aduana appointment.I will keep your guys posted.They are coming on April 27 to pick up the vehicle.I cross reference her info against Montero shipping,and they said the same thing:vehicle has to get there before the first week of June.I asked how come they are allowing 07s,and she was very thorough as why Aduana allows this "grace period".Actually,if you 've been reading the papers,it was recently approved that 10 years for shipping was good,but they are waiting on a few signatures from the higher ups.Anyways,Fama shipping recently moved from NYC to NJ.I will try to renegociate the price.

Jan 9, 2004
Ok,so Fama shipping states that all imports 2007,are good to ship to DR as long as they get there before June 02,which is the deadline.I made arrangements with them to ship my 2007 ford explorer for a cost of 3600$ door to door.I inquire about using law 168 and she stated that's fine but she needed to arrange my aduana appointment.I will keep your guys posted.They are coming on April 27 to pick up the vehicle.I cross reference her info against Montero shipping,and they said the same thing:vehicle has to get there before the first week of June.I asked how come they are allowing 07s,and she was very thorough as why Aduana allows this "grace period".Actually,if you 've been reading the papers,it was recently approved that 10 years for shipping was good,but they are waiting on a few signatures from the higher ups.Anyways,Fama shipping recently moved from NYC to NJ.I will try to renegociate the price.

nyc dad:

The actual date is June 30th. I believe the shipper wants the vehicle there by June 2nd in case of paperwork delays....but the date it must clear customs by (in order to avoid a penalty) is still June 30th.

Your door to door numbers are very close to what my client has quoted me to bring in an '07 Corolla. Does that also include first placa? If not, its another 17% of valuation.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
So there are still good chance that people can still buy recently imported brand new jeepeta that was flooded and restored from Katrina?

Good luck with your import. I sure hope everything goes smoothly.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
So there are still good chance that people can still buy recently imported brand new jeepeta that was flooded and restored from Katrina?

Good luck with your import. I sure hope everything goes smoothly.
I think you mean Sandy, but yeah... Good luck with that.. Now's a bad time to buy a vehicle originally titled in the East coast.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I think you mean Sandy, but yeah... Good luck with that.. Now's a bad time to buy a vehicle originally titled in the East coast.
Nope I meant '05's Katrina. Those auto importing folks still have two years left to find it and bring them in!!!

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Well... The adage holds true I suppose... One man's garbage is another man's treasure... LOL!

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
nyc dad:

The actual date is June 30th. I believe the shipper wants the vehicle there by June 2nd in case of paperwork delays....but the date it must clear customs by (in order to avoid a penalty) is still June 30th.

Your door to door numbers are very close to what my client has quoted me to bring in an '07 Corolla. Does that also include first placa? If not, its another 17% of valuation.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Just spoke to Fama on the phone.No,first place,she says it's an additional 65000 rd.But I can also get a 1month temporary for 200 I think she said.I can get the temporary here or in DR.Will think about it for now.3600 US if I use ley 168.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Nope I meant '05's Katrina. Those auto importing folks still have two years left to find it and bring them in!!!

Koreano,I have own my vehicle since 2010,second owner,31000 miles,clean fax,never gave a problem yet.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Koreano,I have own my vehicle since 2010,second owner,31000 miles,clean fax,never gave a problem yet.

Please... PLEEEEEEEEASE take my advise.... Check the vehicle history.... If it was titled anywhere between Connecticut to Virginia, stop the buying process right now. Sandy water-damaged a ton of vehicles last year.

Jan 9, 2004
Just spoke to Fama on the phone.No,first place,she says it's an additional 65000 rd.But I can also get a 1month temporary for 200 I think she said.I can get the temporary here or in DR.Will think about it for now.3600 US if I use ley 168.

Mine includes first placa at around $4,200 total....but my clients are dealers both here and in the DR.

This will be my third vehicle shipped, all owned since new, so I am more confident with that than to purchase one/some of the gems offered for sale by most DR dealers, private sales excluded.

Is your vehicle going RO-RO (roll on/roll off) or are you containering it?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Jan 9, 2004
Please... PLEEEEEEEEASE take my advise.... Check the vehicle history.... If it was titled anywhere between Connecticut to Virginia, stop the buying process right now. Sandy water-damaged a ton of vehicles last year.

He said he has owned it since 2010....so it's a little late to stop the buying process lol.

Water damaged vehicles from Sandy total 250,000 units. Of those approximately half have been labeled parts only...they cannot be titled. While it is true that some will end back up in the stream of commerce with Re-constructed titles, and perhaps some with washed titles, they are also easy to spot by a trained eye. As I have said before, If you do not know your cars, know your dealer....and if you do not know your dealer...know your mechanic.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Ahhh.. Missed that part lol

Well.. I hope for the best for the OP... 17% tax on the value of the vehicle is crazy

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Don't know

Have to ask about that,I doubt it,I wish I was living within the deadline so I can send everything in a fulgon

Mine includes first placa at around $4,200 total....but my clients are dealers both here and in the DR.

This will be my third vehicle shipped, all owned since new, so I am more confident with that than to purchase one/some of the gems offered for sale by most DR dealers, private sales excluded.

Is your vehicle going RO-RO (roll on/roll off) or are you containering it?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
They are changing the law to allow for 10 year old cars???????????????????????????????????????

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
They did,it was approved already,just waiting on some signatures from c?maras de diputados supposedly
Go to Asocivu online,they have the article

They are changing the law to allow for 10 year old cars???????????????????????????????????????