Quality Medical Care / Medical Tourism in DR?

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
There is an evolution in vanity medicine. These services require a doctor, but are not open heart surgery. I wonder if there are options for these treatments / services in the DR?

GraciASS

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there was an article in hoy, few days ago, about DR being a destination for medical procedures...
i know few plastic surgeons in DR and they all have their hands full. on some days they operate for several hours, one patient after the other. this is done in large private hospitals that can deal with any complications on the spot, should they happen.

here is the article:
Turismo bistur?, tecnol?gico y m?s econ?mico - Hoy Digital

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
usually, it needs some filling up :)

wait.

that did not sound right. :ermm:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From this week's DR1 Travel News
Health tourism brings in 2.5% all travelers
Dr. Alejandro Cambiaso Rathe estimates that health tourism is responsible for around 2.5% of overall travel (4.5 million non-resident travelers in 2012) to the Dominican Republic. He believes the country is well positioned because of its geography and quality medical care at hospitals all around the country. He mentions the Hospital General Plaza de la Salud and its Cedimat affiliate, Homs in Santiago, and Hospiten in Santo Domingo and Punta Cana as examples of hospitals that are in demand by foreign travelers. Personalized attention, modern equipment, and lower costs are reasons why the services are being chosen. Cambiaso says that to make the sector more competitive, health clusters should be created, to provide logistical support. He feels the government should also consider providing incentives for health tourism and developing a legal framework to create synergies with health and wellness centers, hotels and health management plans, as reported in El Dia.
For some years now, the DR has been attractive for dental care, plastic surgery and other surgical operations.
Dominican Republic Travel News - April 2, 2013

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
Anybody know how I can get an introduction with Dr. Alejandro Cambiaso Rathe?