Money transfer to US

Benny Jimenez

Apr 2, 2013
Hi, I being searching the forum doing research on this but mostly is sending money to DR. And I would like some help or if possible to be pointed in the right direction.

I will be sending about 1000-2000 Dollars from DR to the US every month. I heard of Paypal and withdrawing to an US account but I'm unsure how to add money to and Dominican Paypal account ? Does anyone know of a way to do this which is less expensive then Western Union or a wire transfer ?

On a side I will also transfer around 40,000 Dollars in savings from DR to the US, if anyone has experience with this is a Wire Transfer the best option ?

Thanks,
Benny

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Easiest, cheapest method I've used to send money to DR is Xoom.

You can send up to US$2,000 to someone or to a bank account in DR or US for $4.99 per transfer.

Presently, their exchange rate is 39.47.

As for wiring $40,000 to the US, probably easiest, best option is talking to someone at a local bank in DR.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Apart from a direct wire transfer, which is probably the best option for the 40k, the 1 - 2k per month, the easiest and cheapest would be digital deposits, that is if your bank offers that service, if not find one that does and open a new account.

Digital deposits are usually limited to X amount monthly, so you could do the 40k little by little if there was no rush....

g'luck

Benny Jimenez

Apr 2, 2013
Apart from a direct wire transfer, which is probably the best option for the 40k, the 1 - 2k per month, the easiest and cheapest would be digital deposits, that is if your bank offers that service, if not find one that does and open a new account.

Digital deposits are usually limited to X amount monthly, so you could do the 40k little by little if there was no rush....

g'luck

Thank you! Never though of that a digital deposit like an online bank. Yes I will most likely do a wire transfer for a large amount as a one time thing.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I take out money out monthly from my us based bank at a cash machine (to avoid wire fees). We should team up and you deposit me pesos while I transfer you UsD (if you are at the same bank as I am I guess that's free)

Benny Jimenez

Apr 2, 2013
I take out money out monthly from my us based bank at a cash machine (to avoid wire fees). We should team up and you deposit me pesos while I transfer you UsD (if you are at the same bank as I am I guess that's free)

Not a good idea, thanks though. I prefer to do it all my self and online if possible.

I agree with you, I use xoom often, but they will not send money the other way from here to the USA. I tried.

Yes I think he misread the post.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
I agree with you, I use xoom often, but they will not send money the other way from here to the USA. I tried.

Really? I thought they did. I haven't tried it myself, but when you go through the menu options for sending money from DR, they ask for the same info as they did when I set up a transfer from US to DR.

Hmmm..