Cano and Jay-Z

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It's easy to be the agent of Robinson Cano. Just pick up the phone and charge a %
He should try being the agent of Melky Cabrera or Bartolo Col?n, hehehe

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I don't know how good of a move this is. Obviously Scott Boras is the big kahuna of baseball free agency and knows the ins and outs of negotiating in this environment like no one else. While Jay-Z may be a great business man I don't think he has much experience negotiating baseball contracts (I may be wrong). I guess if you're going to start Cano is the perfect candidate as he will get a huge payout no matter what, plus he's probably staying in NY where Jay-Z does have a little bit of cloud. maybe Jay-Z is taking a smaller commission. I know if I was Cano I would ask for a much reduced commission given his inexperience.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I think Ricky Willems got a rapper to be his agent and that was a trane reck but i may be rong .

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Yes and cullinary school it was hard but i made it and am now cooking for the owners or privet yachts. I have done very well for my self despite my lirning disabilety. It has not been easy but i am doing ok.
Now it is my turne to ask you a questhion! Do you all ways put down people who are difrent then you kick over people in wheel chairs laff at people with MD of talk bad about people with down sindrom ?????? Tamborista

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Jay-Z seems to have the magic touch. I was surprised to see Cano leave Boras but I would imagine that Jay-Z is a personal friend and that his deal was more enticing. Help me , help you! Jay-Z may not be an expert when it comes to baseball players but he probably has a lot of experience in negotiations. He has probably hired people for this agency who are experts in sports negotiations. Robinson Cano is a big name and this will help Jay-Z's agency to bring others under his umbrella. After all, sports and entertainment are linked together. Jay-Z is also a minority owner in the Brooklyn Nets basketball team. I understand he would have to divest himself of this if he would want to recrute NBA players to switch to his agency. It's about time Scott Boras got some competition. He is probably not happy that Cano left him in this year when his contract is to be re-negotiated. Boras is smart guy. I would expect him to go on the offensive so he doesn't lose his valuable properties. I wouldn't feel sorry for either one of them. Boras is a multi-millionare with many other stars under his brand. So is Jay-Z and he always has Beyonce to fall back on. Not bad for either one of them.

LTSTeve