Heartburn: what local remedies or what to buy in the farmacia?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Try omeprazole 20mg. Great for acid reflux.

Once a day and most likely your heartburn will not return. I have a partial/inop hiatial hernia and Prilosec-the original medication from the 90's-was a lifesaver.

It's now OTC.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Try omeprazole 20mg"

Thank you! I will try. For how long daily? For a couple days / week?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
"Try omeprazole 20mg"

Thank you! I will try. For how long daily? For a couple days / week?
The "normal" course is 14 days. But in my case it'll be forever.

The "issue" is heartburn can create gastric ulcers. The 14 day regimen helps heal them.

Diet matters, also.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

The "issue" is heartburn can create gastric ulcers. The 14 day regimen helps heal them.

Diet matters, also.

hope that Jimmy Dean does you no harm..lol

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
OK. Thanks again :).

I think I just sit too much (working, not lazy ;)). My diet is pretty healthy though.

Diet matters, also.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Careful boys, that acidic condition can be a precursor of bigger issues.

Two of my friends had big heart attacks after feeling like you --- indigestion symptoms that were heart attack beginnings

Also, indigestion symptoms can be a clue for liver problems.

I'm watching my liver after the dengue.... takes a beating from acetophetomine doses..... studied it.

My second heart attack friend had been warned by the 1st friend..... after lunch he went out to play golf......hamburgers.... and had indigestion.... being somewhat wimpish, he was concerned and quit after 8 holes.... went to the clubhouse for advice

He got to the hospital just in time to save his life

True..........

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Careful boys, that acidic condition can be a precursor of bigger issues.

Two of my friends had big heart attacks after feeling like you --- indigestion symptoms that were heart attack beginnings

Also, indigestion symptoms can be a clue for liver problems.

I'm watching my liver after the dengue.... takes a beating from acetophetomine doses..... studied it.

My second heart attack friend had been warned by the 1st friend..... after lunch he went out to play golf......hamburgers.... and had indigestion.... being somewhat wimpish, he was concerned and quit after 8 holes.... went to the clubhouse for advice

He got to the hospital just in time to save his life

True..........
True, but reflux is a whole lot different than heartburn.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Go to the pharmacy and ask for Famotidina 20 or 40 mg. DV8 will know more, but I believe is the same compound or family of compounds found in Omeprazole. It works wonders and it's very cheap in The DR.

A "natural" remedy that appears to work as well is a spoon of Apple cider vinegar every day. I used to have terrible heartburn and read this on a book. Was skeptical at first, but figured had nothing to lose. Tried it and it did seem to work for me. Nowadays I only get heartburn whenever I drink too much Whisky while in The DR and that's where the Famotidina comes in.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Go to the pharmacy and ask for Famotidina 20 or 40 mg. DV8 will know more, but I believe is the same compound or family of compounds found in Omeprazole. It works wonders and it's very cheap in The DR.

A "natural" remedy that appears to work as well is a spoon of Apple cider vinegar every day. I used to have terrible heartburn and read this on a book. Was skeptical at first, but figured had nothing to lose. Tried it and it did seem to work for me. Nowadays I only get heartburn whenever I drink too much Whisky while in The DR and that's where the Famotidina comes in.

Dr Bob, in Sosua gave me that advice...... on a Thursday afternoon visit.

He treats people on Thursdays...... seriously, he does

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Apple cider vinegar"

Do they sell that in the supermarkets? Brand?

Now we are at 5 pill brands and 1 natural remedy... :)

Should I try 'em all?

Gotta study them now. Thanks everybody!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

Omeprazole is the generic name. That's what to ask for.

However, it's cheapest at WalMart, their store brand. I buy a large stash on trips back to the states.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
"Apple cider vinegar"

Do they sell that in the supermarkets? Brand?

Now we are at 5 pill brands and 1 natural remedy... :)

Should I try 'em all?

Gotta study them now. Thanks everybody!

Brown vinegar, Mike..... just buy the brown...... various brands