Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So this is how they steal your card details and pin number!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's happened to me and several other people I know.

Banco Progresso in Sosua was one such machine and so was the BHD machine at Coastal petrol station.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Just "SOME" of the ways!
    In the DR, workers who process the transactions just sell, or share in the proceeds, of the gang stealing you data.
    "Low Tech"= "High Margin"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

5. Dislikes Lothario666 disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

sometimes there is a guard sat guarding these things

7. Likes oriole100 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If the thieves miss your "PIN", the guard gives it to them!
    CC

9. Dislikes Lothario666 disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You just have to notice your transactions and check your account every week. That way y'll get your money back. No big deal.

11. Likes sabra liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salsafan View Post
    You just have to notice your transactions and check your account every week. That way y'll get your money back. No big deal.
    Sometimes things are not so simple. A few years back, I noticed on bank statement with Scotiabank in Nassau, Paradise Island branch, there were cash card deductions on a Friday in Santo Domingo, Jamaica and Argentina all on the same day. As it was a Friday, I knew I was in Nassau as I was being paid weekly (very weakly) on the Atlantis Development and had lodged my pay check on the day in question.

The bank said they would investigate on my behalf and get back to me with details and refund within 4 weeks. I heard nothing from them so raised the matter again and was asked to attend the branch for a meeting with someone in Scotia fraud dept, Bahamas.

I thought I had prepared well, but was astounded when they said that having checked, the withdrawals were all made in a 5 hr period on the day, so Santo Domingo, Kingston and in a branch in northern Argentina. The manager of the branch almost fell of the chair when I pulled out some flight variations, from the Bahamas to Jamaica, the Bahamas to Argentina, Santo Doming to Jamaica and Santo Domingo to Argentina, all priced up, with flight routes and timings etc. There was also a map of the Americas conveniently hung on his office wall.

The discussion soon wrapped up when it was proven the shortest travel time to the furthest location was 14 hrs using conventional carriers. The eye language between the two Bahamians was classic ! Oh and I did get refunded !

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    If the thieves miss your "PIN", the guard gives it to them!
    CC
    The guard is there to make sure another gang doesn't steal the illegal coping device! Hahaha

14. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    It's happened to me and several other people I know.

Banco Progresso in Sosua was one such machine and so was the BHD machine at Coastal petrol station.
    My German friend who had two false transactions at Banco Progresso Sosua just recently had his money refunded, but it took a few months.
    Refunds from Postbank and Comerzbank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast