Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barcelo dumping garbage in Cortecito near schools

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Barcelo dumping garbage in Cortecito near schools

Since I have not received any response from the hotel management I am using all the social media venues to raise my concern. Every morning I walk my daughter to the Arca de Noa school in Cortecito. Although it is not unusual to find garbage on the streets everyday there has been a particular empty lot beside this little school that has been accumulating an exceptional amount of garbage the last few weeks. It has even been lit on fire once creating a huge thick black cloud of smoke in the area. This morning I finally caught the culprit, a white pick up with Barcelo staff, uniform and name tag included emptying his truck in our little community. Who is controlling this mess. Politur wont do anything nor Ayuntamiento. I cant even get my head around how a huge hotel such as Barcelo would even do such a thing so close to its hotel and in the community so close to a school. Attracting stray (aggressive) dogs, rats, all kinds of insects and mosquitos.
    I was thinking to post pictures up around the area but that would only turn into garbage adding to the problem. Does anyone know who might be able to help resolve this issue.

2. Likes palmiche53, MikeFisher liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can catch them on camera, send pics to Bávaro News - El unico peridico noticiero de Bávaro y Punta Cana
    don't worry they are not afraid, they will publish

You can also write them without pictures, but it is your word against theirs, try to catch them on camera

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

David and Goliath. Well, it can be assumed that even if the "authorities" got involved, a few bucks would cause instant blindness.

If what you say is true... how about first contacting the Barcelo management? I say, if one has a problem, the first step is to try to fix it directly. Second step... Barcelo Corporate level. If none of that works.... go VIRAL. the power of the internet. Trip Advisor... et. al. And then you also have the added ammunition that your attempts to get the culprit to fix the problem were ignored.

Good luck... you'll need it... but then again... David DID win, didn't he?

5. Likes drdirectional, Chirimoya, waytogo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnGlenn View Post
    David and Goliath. Well, it can be assumed that even if the "authorities" got involved, a few bucks would cause instant blindness.

If what you say is true... how about first contacting the Barcelo management? I say, if one has a problem, the first step is to try to fix it directly. Second step... Barcelo Corporate level. If none of that works.... go VIRAL. the power of the internet. Trip Advisor... et. al. And then you also have the added ammunition that your attempts to get the culprit to fix the problem were ignored.

Good luck... you'll need it... but then again... David DID win, didn't he?
    GO VIRAL FIRST!! why bother wasting time with them, having them dicking you around? a few videos on youtube will fix their collective asses.

8. Likes SKY, waytogo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously? What a bunch of.... I agree. Catch them on camera. Make sure loads of people see it. I can't believe it. The just did a community clean up too, and all the garbage is back again. ugh.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

After 3 attempts to speak with a manager at the hotel I finally got through after threatening to go to the media. Mr. Simone Farci sub-director of Barcelo Dominican Beach has assured me he will rectify the situation. Let us see! He advised me if I had any future concerns to contact him directly 809-723-1937. I would say all of us concerned citizens should give him a shout this upcoming week! I don't see why any of these colossal hotel chains can't contribute much more then just clean up their own trash.

11. Likes Chirimoya, KateP, waytogo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    GO VIRAL FIRST!! why bother wasting time with them, having them dicking you around? a few videos on youtube will fix their collective asses.
    I just figure it's best to give someone a chance to make things right. That's how I roll... on a person to person / face to face level and out in the open whenever possible. If that doesn't work... then other tactics. IMO it's better than a "behind the back" maneuver. But whatever... everyone has their own way of dealing with problems. The one up side is that maybe they'll clean up the mess!!! Not much chance of that happening if you go with the sneak attack first. My Grandmom always said, "You can catch more flies with sugar than vinegar." (Yes... for real... she said that all the time.)

13. Likes snowqueen liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drdirectional View Post
    After 3 attempts to speak with a manager at the hotel I finally got through after threatening to go to the media. Mr. Simone Farci sub-director of Barcelo Dominican Beach has assured me he will rectify the situation. Let us see! He advised me if I had any future concerns to contact him directly 809-723-1937. I would say all of us concerned citizens should give him a shout this upcoming week! I don't see why any of these colossal hotel chains can't contribute much more then just clean up their own trash.
    Awesome. Hope it works. BTW... if I'm not mistaken, I think maybe the B.D.B. contributed to the recent "neighborhood clean up" effort. I'd have to go back to my emails from those in my complex that participated.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, good work drdirectional. Please keep us posted.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast