CarFax Info

Jan 9, 2004
+
Yes sir, begins with a '2' and has an '8' as the 10th digit.

An early 2008......

Interesting..... this is what we do with our time here on the 'isle'..... read VIN's:glasses:

Several for sale now but most w/ higher miles. SuperCarros - Rep?blica Dominicana - compra de carros, venta de vehiculos

......and if you really have nothing to do....there is a free phone app....affectionately called "Carfax Lite" that allows you to scan, enter in a VIN or license plate number (not sure if the plate entry works outside the US) and it will tell you the year, make and model number without having to squint at the VIN.

It is NOT the full carfax version (they charge for that), but it is most useful in quickly identifying/verifying the year, make and model of a vehicle.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I think my friend has that. He's a dealer and goes to a lot of auctions. He has an app that can read the VIN number on the dash (through the windshield) and he can get the history of the vehicle virtually with the click of a button.

We've walked through dealers here in the DR a couple of times checking info on cars just for sh*ts and giggles.
You must have gotten a lot of giggles....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
JD,
I've done that more than once....befriended the dealer and bought his wife's car.... always spotless, serviced like crazy and fully loaded.

If you get really friendly, you have him order your car for her to drive for a few months, then buy.....
Win/Win situation.
Works best w/ a smaller dealer.

Here's my favorite way to buy these days..

AUTHORITYAUTO.COM

Good guys and they work hard for you.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Remember, folks, that CarFax can only report what is reported to it. You should also check with AutoCheck.com to verify. The news recently did an expose on this showing where CarFax had no information on a car yet AutoCheck (and the truth) showed that the car had been in a horrible accident.

Information obtained from a source such as CarFax is only as good as the information going in. Trust, but verify, IMHO.