Internet in the whole house

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
For those interested:

I asked / wondered and was skeptic a while ago if this could / would work in a house here. Well it does.

I have now Internet in all the house wherever I have an electric outlet. This is NOT wireless but a wireless extender can be attached...

Amazon.com: D-Link Powerline AV Network Adapter Kit (DHP-307AV): Electronics

I have this as well and works with inverter no problem but I read that will not work installed on power strips or ups (never checked though).

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
You right. Forgot to mention that. Well, it does NOT work when you plug it in into an UPS directly. But it does work with a power strip / extension. I tried and I have it set up with it.

I have this as well and works with inverter no problem but I read that will not work installed on power strips or ups (never checked though).

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You right. Forgot to mention that. Well, it does NOT work when you plug it in into an UPS directly. But it does work with a power strip / extension. I tried and I have it set up with it.
Interesting concept, must investigate further...

Thanks-

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Sine wave inverter or the normal "square wave" inverter?

Power line connected products from X10 don't work well on square wave inverters (which are called "modified sine wave").

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Sine wave inverter or the normal "square wave" inverter?

Power line connected products from X10 don't work well on square wave inverters (which are called "modified sine wave").

Sine wave inverter in my case.